State: West Virginia
Postal/Zip Code: 26415
The name Central Supply Company, an Oldcastle Materials company, has been synonymous with “service” for nearly 100 years and four generations. We serve our customers in communities throughout north and central West Virginia, southwest Pennsylvania and western Maryland. While we strive to promote our main product lines of Ready-Mixed Concrete, Concrete Block, Concrete Pumping, Insulated Concrete Forms, Brick and Builders’ Materials, our number one goal is to forge partnerships with our customers through hard work and service. In addition, by being a part of the Oldcastle family, we are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that come together to form Oldcastle. Oldcastle is the number one asphalt producer, the third-largest aggregates producer, and one of the top 5 ready mixed concrete producers in the United States. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Overseas all daily aspects of Concrete and/or Building Material dispatch ensuring safe, accurate and on-time delivery of respective products at our Pennsboro location.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Manages and coordinates activities of several dispatchers and customer service representatives (ready-mix, block & other building materials)
Prepares work schedules and assigns work loads
Ensures resolution of customer issues and concerns
Coordinates dispatch activities with sales production
Performs functions of Dispatcher and/or Customer Service Representative when necessary
Ensures compliance with all DOT rules and requirements
Schedules drivers and ensures driver hours are in compliance with DOT regulations
Ensure efficiencies of manpower and equipment
Performs other tasks as assigned by supervisor
Complies with all and ensures compliance of all Safety, Health, Environmental and other Company policies, procedures and requirements
• Physical ability to operate loader on rough terrain and provide assistance to plant personnel under extreme temperatures and for extended hours of time. Normal shift is 8-12 hours.
• Ability to stockpile using loader with attention to supplying plant with raw materials in a safe and efficient manner.
• May oil, grease, service and make normal operating adjustments to equipment.
• Attendance required according to company attendance policy to ensure crew is able to operate at normal efficiency level.
• Attitude/Cooperation: Must always maintain a courteous and professional manner with co-workers, customers, public.
• Ability to be flexible with last minute schedule changes, location changes, time of shift changes. Overtime work required. Out of town/county/state work may be required.
• Ability to adhere to personal protective equipment (PPE) policy and maintain individual PPE in a functional condition.
• Initiative to perform/assist with other positions for job completion.
• Must pass drug test and criminal background check.
• High school diploma or equivalent preferred, but not required.
- Ownership Mentality: Assumes responsibility and makes decisions within own level of authority
- Self-Motivated: Initiates and takes action before being required to do so; demonstrates ability to work under minimum supervision
- Strong Work Ethic: Uses time efficiently and ensures job duties, issues and concerns are handled in a timely, appropriate manner
- Integrity: Maintains high ethical standards
- Customer Focus: Takes responsibility for customer relations and appropriately represents Central Supply Company
- Communication Skills: Communicates clearly verbally and in writing; listens carefully in an open, candid, and consistent manner
- Team Player: Establishes trust with team members, clearly stating expectations and accountabilities of self and others; recognizes the importance of high group morale and acts to protect or build as necessary; collaborates with others to address issues as necessary
- Problem Prevention/Solving: Able to proactively identify and solve problems and enlist the help of others as needed
- Leadership: Must be able to effectively provide guidance and direction in regards to both projects and staff
- Attendance: Adheres to Company policies in regards to attendance and punctuality
What Oldcastle Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
Central Supply Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer
Central Supply Company is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.
Oldcastle - 21 months ago
Oldcastle is the largest manufacturer of building products and materials in North America with more than 1500 locations and 35,000...