Plant Systems Engineer - Manufacturing
Grow with us as you contribute to the continuous technical improvement of the facility, equipment, and production systems in support of plant business goals.
While you are at it you’ll be building your network and expertise in a thriving environment of professional development and teamwork. And together we’ll build a stronger future for our company and your career.
WHAT WILL I BE DOING?
In your role as a Plant Systems Engineer at Kellogg, you will be part of our success by:
• Directing, coordinating, communicating, and interpreting policy for staff to ensure that electrical projects are thoroughly planned, scheduled, scoped, and estimated, and are properly staffed and implemented in accordance to plan
• Developing, implementing, and managing technical documentation and audit processes. Ensuring adherence to all standard work processes, including K-LEAN processes, knowledge transfer, and Lean Training
• Responsible for compliance with all regulations, including proper sanitary condition at all times, allergen control and pest control
• Ensuring technical process stabilization and control
• Establishing and ensuring achievement of all unit KPIs; ensuring adherence to and continuous improvement for all area MCRS elements
• Accountable for execution of projects within assigned area; monitoring project plans and status, communicating project or program status, work activities, and potential problems
• Troubleshooting technical related issues (Step 3 resource) and updating technical SOCs and SOPs
• Managing plant electrical systems and equipment to enhance productivity and mitigate obsolescence
• Developing and maintaining electrical component parts history and electrical parts standardization
• Maintaining an understanding of the plant’s equipment, identifying potential problems and opportunities and recommending strategic courses of action
WHAT DO I NEED TO DEMONSTRATE?
As well as a hunger to learn and succeed in Manufacturing, to be considered for this position you must be able to meet the following requirements:
• Associates Degree in a technical field with significant experience in plant systems
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suites
• Proficiency in utilizing Allen Bradley (Rockwell) PLC and Panel View programming (i.e., Panel Builder, Factory Talk, RsLogix, RsLinx, Control Logix, and Micrologix
• Effective communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
• Possess and maintain any applicable required licenses
• Ability to manage multiple and sometimes conflicting priorities
• Ability to troubleshoot plant controls systems, and assist the hourly technicians in troubleshooting and maintaining plant controls systems
• Bachelor of Science Degree in electrical engineering/technical or other related field with significant experience with plant systems
• Ability to read and interpret equipment drawings and schematics, equipment manuals and bills of materials
• Ability to create, maintain and modify plant AutoCAD drawings
WHAT ELSE DO I NEED TO KNOW?
Kellogg Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer who strives to provide an inclusive work environment that involves everyone and embraces the diverse talent of its people.
Kellogg Company - 21 months ago
In 1906, W.K. Kellogg saw a better way. Healthier food and a healthier work place. “I’ll invest my money in people,” W.K....