In support of the key strategies and initiatives of the corporation, this person will facilitate the implementation and effective use of systems and technology tools at the plant level. This person will also perform the role of liaison between the corporate information systems department and the local plant management and staff.
Job Titles Supervised Directly:
May supervise Technology support staff.
Help to support Production lines technological necessities.
See and suggest means of improvement with the use of technology and delegate direction in support of movement.
- Coordinate system and technology related activities between plant and the Corporate IS Department.
- Keep appropriate plant and IS management abreast of activities.
- Adhere to the corporate mission statements, policies, procedures, guidelines and standards.
- Constant improvement and upkeep of computer equipment, and programs.
- Utilize any and all resources available to further enhance the efficiency of the plant by concentrating on technological advancement.
- Training of plant personnel in the proper use of business systems including Titan and related systems with a focus on full utilization of existing systems.
- Assist operations personnel in establishing office and plant procedures relating to information systems.
- Coordinate the implementation and user training of new or improved information systems.
- Maintain local plant production schedules and other plant specific data-driven reporting.
- Create one-off queries/reports as required by plant management.
- Investigate problem reports from plant personnel providing additional information and verification before submitting to corporate IS for resolution. Problem solve issues related to BOM's, schedules, and labels. Manage data issues through fogbugz.
- Special technology related projects as requested by the plant general, production or office manager.
- Manages the maintenance, training, and implementation of all optimization software including JWOPT, JWTS, JWWEG, and Lisec glass optimization.
- Constant review of material optimization to reduce waste.
- Constantly review and entertain ideas relating to Technology, utilize metrics to track and review implementation before and after rollout.
- Personal computer, communication/connectivity (i.e. LAN, WAN, E-Mail, etc.), and Internet/Intranet requests to the Corporate Network/PC Support Manager for assistance and/or guidance in procurement, installation and training
- Systems or database management requests (i.e. operating systems, job schedulers, print spoolers, report writers, database re-loads/reorganizations etc.) to the Corporate Systems/Database Administrator for assistance.
- Bachelor's degree (preferably in business management, accounting, computer science, information technology).
- At least two years work experience in a manufacturing facility (entry level), preferred.
- ERP experience (Titan like system) as well as experience supporting and training users on an ERP system.
- Plant production experience including supporting and creating schedules.
- Technical skills including querying & writing ad-hoc reports.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
JELD-WEN requires candidates that display a high standard of workmanship, work independently and as part of a team and will also possess the desire to improve their individual skill sets as required.
Please apply via resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with *Mt. Vernon Plant Technology Manager* in the subject line.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.
JELD-WEN, inc - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard