This individual manages the interface between information technology systems and production systems and drives continuous improvement through the use of technology.
In support of the key strategies and initiatives of the corporation, this person will facilitate the implementation and effective use of systems and technology tools at the plant level. This person will also perform the role of liaison between the corporate information systems department and the local plant management and staff.
- Coordinate system and technology related activities between plant and the Corporate IS Department.
- Keep appropriate plant and IS management abreast of activities.
- Adhere to the corporate mission statements, policies, procedures, guidelines and standards.
- Constant improvement and upkeep of computer equipment, and programs.
- Utilize any and all resources available to further enhance the efficiency of the plant by concentrating on technological advancement.
- May supervise PC/Network support staff and scheduling staff.
- Help to support Production lines technological necessities.
- See and suggest means of improvement with the use of technology and delegate direction in support of movement.
- Training of plant personnel in the proper use of business systems including Titan and related systems with a focus on full utilization of existing systems.
- Assist operations personnel in establishing office and plant procedures relating to information systems.
- Coordinate the implementation and user training of new or improved information systems.
- Maintain local plant production schedules and other plant specific data-driven reporting.
- Create 'one-off' queries/reports as required by plant management or corporate departments.
- Investigate problem reports from plant personnel providing additional information and verification before submitting to corporate IS for resolution. Problem solves issues related to BOM's, schedules, and labels. Manage data issues through fogbugz.
- Special technology related projects as requested by the plant general manager.
- Manages the maintenance, training, and implementation of all optimization software including
- Constant review of material optimization to reduce waste.
- Constantly review and entertain ideas relating to Technology, utilize metrics to track and review implementation before and after rollout.
- Associate’s degree (preferably in business management, accounting, computer science, information technology) or equivalent; Bachelor's degree is desirable; with at least two years work experience/training in a manufacturing facility (entry level); or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- ERP experience (Titan like system) as well as experience supporting and training users on an ERP system.
- Plant production experience including supporting and creating schedules.
- Technical skills including querying & writing ad-hoc reports.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Personal computer, communication/connectivity (i.e. LAN, WAN, E-Mail, etc.), and Internet/Intranet requests to the Corporate Network/PC Support Manager for assistance and/or guidance in procurement, installation and training
- Systems or database management requests (i.e. operating systems, job schedulers, print spoolers, report writers, database re-loads/reorganizations etc.) to the Corporate Systems/Database Administrator for assistance.