Ensure efficient continuous running of injection molding plant by supplying staff and machines with accurately prepared plastic raw materials. Use communication tools and methods (visual and electronic ) to accurately schedule materials drying and maintain inventory levels. Utilize latest state-of-the-art conveying systems.
1. Ensure safety, quality and productivity of drying process. Monitor drying procedures taking into account time and temperatures requirements for specific engineering thermoplastics as recommended in suppliers specifications. Success will be measured by the downtime log and scorecard safety.
2. Follow the job scheduling system and determine the order if material to be mixed. Mix material according to instructions, and place in the proper size dryer. Plan your time to ensure maximum uptime of IMM’s. Success is measured by the machine downtime log.
3. Properly clean and prepare auxiliary equipment for material acceptance. Set material dryer to the proper temperatures, and dry the material for the appropriate length of time. Success is measured by MRR defect rates and material variance reports.
4. Follow FIFO and lot control at all times, keep material accuracy as a top priority. Carry out cycle counting as directed. Success is measured by material variance reports.
5. Accurately record material transactions in the business system. Gather and complete all job paperwork. Success is measured on cycle counting and material variance reports.
6. Maintain a clean and safe work environment following 5S housekeeping standards. Success will be measured by the scores obtained by the monthly 5S management audit.
7. Operate, trouble shoot, maintain and improve microprocessor controlled material handling system.
1. High School Diploma or equivalent
2. Ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
3. Good written and oral communication skills.
4. Able to work well independently as well as part of a team.
5. Able to operate lift equipment
6. Ability to lift 55 pounds.
7. Ability to utilize microprocessor material handling equipment.
8. Polymer materials storage and preparation knowledge preferred
Southco, Inc. - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard