This position is responsible for performing plumbing tasks on plant utility and process infrastructure, such as backflow preventers, steam, condensate, water, natural gas, compressed air, and process piping.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Repair and maintain heating, plumbing, steam, water and drainage systems.
- Repair, install and replace plumbing fixtures such as sinks, water closets, showers, heaters, hot water tanks and other related plumbing fixtures.
- Assemble and install pumps, valves, pipe fittings and pipes.
- Determine appropriate sizes, locations, tools and methods of solving plumbing and pipe fitting problems.
- Using appropriate equipment, clear, thaw, drain and unplug stopped or blocked plumbing systems.
- Correct openings in walls and floors in order to accommodate pipes and pipe fittings.
- Document records of work performed
- Ability to read and interpret engineering and assembly drawings
- Experience with using shop tools and measuring devices
- Maintain and service equipment used in performance of duties.
- Knowledge of applicable codes/ordinances.
- Sufficient strength and physical dexterity to perform duties and responsibilities of this job, including heavy work with exposure to inclement weather conditions.
- Attend departmental training, such as safety and equipment training.
- Wear PPE at all times and observe health, safety and environmental policies
- Participate in rotating shift schedule
- Attain a master plumbing license for New Mexico within 6 months of hire date
- Perform related duties as assigned
Required Minimum Qualifications:
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Technical/vocational school graduation or equivalent apprenticeship.
Necessary Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- 3 years experience in food plant facility plumbing maintenance
Licensing and Certification:
- New Mexico Plumber journeyman license. Master plumbers Preferred.
- Valid motor vehicle operator's license, if required.
Dairy Farmers of America
- 2 years ago - save job