RECRUITMENT AND EXAMINATION ANNOUNCEMENT
**** OPEN AND CONTINUOUS RECRUITMENT ****
(Applications are accepted on an on-going basis)
LICENSED PLUMBER (SKILLED TRADE SPECIALIST III-7131)
Salary: $47,272 - $53,944
DESCRIPTION: This is journey level plumbing work for the Maryland Department of Transportation. Employees perform work in accordance with all applicable Local, State and Federal regulations and standard practices or rules governing the plumbing trade. Journey level licensed plumbers inspect and approve the work of outside plumbing contractors or in-house non-licensed plumbing staff in addition to carrying out the full range of plumbing installation and repair work. Employees are considered essential employees and are subject to emergency call back procedures, 24 hours a day, as may be required to maintain continuous operation of a facility. Employees may be required to work rotating shift work, including evenings, nights, weekends, and holidays.
EDUCATION: Graduation from a standard high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
EXPERIENCE: Five years of experience in the skilled trade of plumbing and possession of a Journey level or higher Plumber License issued by the Maryland State Board of Plumbing.
1. Additional work experience in the skilled trade of plumbing may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
2. A certificate from a vocational technical school with a major in plumbing may be substituted for one year of the required general experience.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS, CERTIFICATES, SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
1. Candidates appointed to positions in these classifications are assigned duties that require the operation of motor vehicles. Employees are required to possess a motor vehicle operator's license valid in the State of Maryland. All applicants must list their license number and expiration date on the application.
2. During the probationary period, employees may be required to obtain and maintain a Class A or Class B Commercial Driver's License (CDL) valid in the State of Maryland, depending on the type of equipment operated.
3. Employees at the Maryland Aviation Administration must have or obtain an Airfield Operators Permit in accordance with the Code of Maryland Regulations 11.03.01.04, Control of Vehicular Traffic on the Air Operations Area, prior to permanent appointment.
4. Maryland Aviation Administration employees responsible for journey level plumbing will be required to possess a Journey Plumber license issued by the Maryland State Board of Plumbing, 500 N. Calvert Street, Room 302, Baltimore, MD 21202.
5. The employing administration may require employees to satisfy its agency training and certification program requirements to obtain and maintain permanent status in this classification.
TO APPLY: For a DTS-1 application, call 410-865-1073 or visit www.marylandtransportation.com to apply on-line. Applications sent without sufficient postage will be returned. Resumes cannot be substituted for the DTS-1 application form.
Mail your application to: RECRUITMENT AND EXAMINATIONS UNIT, P.O. BOX 548, MAIL STOP 140, HANOVER, MD 21076.
Qualified applicants may be subject to background and reference checks. Please include all relevant experience on your application. This includes, but is not limited to, full or part time, volunteer, military, acting capacity, or any other experience that is relevant to the position you are applying for. Appropriate auxiliary aids and services for qualified individuals with disability will be provided upon request. Please notify in advance. Call 711 for MD Relay Service. Bilingual applicants are encouraged to apply.
Please Note: The Maryland Department of Transportation is not sponsoring new employees in application of the H-1B Visa at this time due to budgetary constraints. All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States under the Immigration and Reform Control Act of 1986. Federal regulations prohibit H1B Visa candidates from paying sponsorship fees; all sponsorship fees must be assumed by the potential employer.
We Are An Equal Opportunity Employer
MDOT does not discriminate based on age, ancestry, color, creed, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, mental
or physical disability, national origin, race, religious affiliation, belief or opinion, sex, or sexual orientation.
Issue Date: 7/1/11
Maryland Department of Transportation - 18 months ago