MUST BE COLORADO POST CERTIFIED OR CERTIFIABLE TO APPLY FOR POLICE OFFICER POSITION .
Patrols an assigned area in the enforcement of law and order and takes special assignments in the protection of life and property.
Take command at scene of crime or accident; takes statements and interviews victims and witnesses; examines situation; records vital information regarding causes and circumstances;
Completes police report to describe in a clear, accurate, and concise manner all primary and relevant case activity and developments; read and comprehend legal and non-legal documents, including the preparation and processing of such documents as citations, affidavits, and warrants;
Establish traffic surveillance to observe and detect violations of the Model Traffic Code and State Traffic Statutes; complete traffic accident investigations and required accident investigation forms;
Ensures that all required reports are completed in a timely manner;
Respond to radio and telephone dispatches to investigate citizen concerns including crimes in progress, crimes reported after-the-fact, accidents and disturbances;
- Operates a computer utilizing such software programs as word processing, spreadsheets, and databases.
- Pertinent Federal, State, and local laws, codes and regulations;
- Criminal behavior and causes underlying criminality and social, psychological and physical needs of criminals;
- Standard police practices, methods, and procedures; Approved and accepted methods of investigation, apprehension, and rules of evidence;
- Police terminology and practices;
- Good public relations skills;
- Safe and appropriate use of firearms and other police related tools
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING:
Education : High School or G.E.D.
Experience : None
P.O.S.T certified as a Peace Officer, Level I, by the State of Colorado
CPR/First Aid Certification
- Possess and maintain the appropriate CO operator’s license for the type of City owned vehicle which the employee may operate in the scope of employment ;
- Minimum 21 years of age and U.S. Citizen;
- Must abide by City residency requirement to qualify for take-home vehicle benefit;
- Must be able to legally possess and carry a firearm;
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include 20/20 vision or correctable to 20/20 vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, normal color acuity.
City of Sterling - 11 months ago
copy to clipboard
The City of Sterling provides this sales tax online application for your convenience. It is protected with a secure socket layer (SSL)...