If you are interested in an exciting team where excellence and customer service are a fundamental part of the culture, Stearns Lending is the place for you! At Stearns, we consider every employee an everyday hero. If you are, OUTRAGEOUSLY TALENTED® this is the place for you. Send your resume to us today!
We are seeking experienced independent contract Policies and Procedures/Technical Writers who are self-starters, self-motivated, and articulate to work on a fast-paced documentation development project at our corporate location.
Essential Job Duties:
• Works with leadership to gather general project information and identify deliverables and timelines.
• Works with identified business/process owners to analyze lending processes and regulatory requirements.
• Writes and edits policies and procedures documentation that detail lending processes and integrates regulatory requirements.
• Coordinates and communicates with business/process owners to ensure documentation is reflective of accurate processes and controls.
• Coordinates and communicates with compliance associates to ensure all documents are in compliance with federal, state, local, and agency rules and regulations.
• Understands operational concepts and translates them into writing.
• Initiates and manages documentation approval process; driving documentation through compliance, senior management, and subject matter experts for approval.
• Maintains partnerships with business units to ensure the delivery of comprehensive, accurate, and effective documentation that meets project requirements.
• Escalates roadblocks to Management for resolution.
• Maintains detail audit trail and proper publication approvals for archive and audit purposes.
• Maintains project tracking mechanism for management reporting.
• Provides exceptional customer service.
Qualified candidates will possess:
• Minimum 5 years policies and procedures analysis, and documentation development experience in the mortgage lending industry required.
• Strong knowledge of mortgage lending (Wholesale, Retail, and Correspondent) and associated regulatory requirements required.
• Strong writing and editing skills and experience.
• Excellent interpersonal communication skills (written and verbal).
• Strong analytical skills, problem solver, and takes initiative on projects with limited supervision.
• Ability to independently partner with a board range of associates/stakeholders/Management.
• Proficient working on multiple concurrent projects, while meeting aggressive deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
• High proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Visio, and PowerPoint.
Stearns Lending, Inc - 13 months ago
With offices located from California to Maryland, Stearns Lending has been providing quality real estate financing nationwide, since 1989....