Genentech Government Affairs’ Public Policy and Reimbursement team is seeking a qualified policy manager/senior policy manager candidate to monitor and analyze numerous public payer activities and trends, including coverage, coding, and payment policies at the national level for both Medicare and Medicaid. |
Specifically, the policy manager/senior policy manager will help recognize, assess, and communicate key policy issues that may impact Genentech and the biotechnology industry in both the short- and long-term to key internal and external stakeholders. He or she will focus on the impact of public sector trends and initiatives on Genentech with respect to patient access, reimbursement, and customer satisfaction. He or she will translate policy developments into meaningful guidance and strategic advice and will represent the Public Policy team at internal and external meetings. He or she also will be responsible for managing projects effectively and efficiently, and will be required to take initiative to identify key issues and help organize and assist the efforts of other team members as appropriate.
Who You Are
- A BA or BS is required; a graduate degree (MS, MPH, MPP, JD or MBA) is strongly preferred.
- Qualified candidates should have a minimum of 8 years of relevant post-college healthcare policy experience (examples include key government agencies such as HHS, CMS, CBO, OMB, or FDA; Congress; healthcare consulting firms; pharmaceutical, biotechnology, managed care or other healthcare industries; or patient, provider or trade associations). Experience working at or directly with CMS is preferred.
- Candidates should have an advanced understanding of the federal regulatory processes, federal regulatory bodies that monitor and implement the health programs, healthcare policy development, and the administrative structure of funding sources for government agencies.
- An advanced understanding of public payer (Medicare/Medicaid/340B program) coverage, coding, and payment policies is also required.
- Candidates should also have experience in the areas of oncology, immunology, ophthalmology or have the ability to quickly learn the science of these disease states, their product markets, business and patient needs.?
The position is located in Genentech’s Government Affairs Office in Washington, DC.
- Qualified candidates should possess the following core competencies:
- Research and Analysis: Strong research skills, knowledge of key sources of information and contacts on public payer issues, as well as the ability to tie research results and policy initiatives directly to Genentech’s business.
- Problem Solving: Superior problem solving skills, including the capability of applying previous experience to complex policy issues, and the ability to conduct or delegate qualitative and quantitative analyses.
- Writing: Ability to write and edit business documents (e-mails, memos, and PowerPoint presentations) clearly and succinctly in a timely manner, as well as the ability to ensure content accuracy, appropriate tone, and attention to detail to ensure work is of superior quality.
- Speaking/Presentations: Comfort and ability to present information to large group of internal colleagues and select external audiences including customers.
- Word, PowerPoint, Excel: Advanced level of understanding of Microsoft Office, including PowerPoint, and Word formatting and graphics, and Excel spreadsheet programming.
- Project Management: Strong planning and organization skills with the ability to set priorities effectively and efficiently, identify areas that need further research, and multi-task on a number of issues while notifying team members and supervisor of work progress in a timely and appropriate fashion.
- ?The manager/senior manager should be a leader who is willing and able to take responsibility and ownership for following and analyzing key public payer issues. Qualified candidates should also take initiative to further explore areas important to both Government Affairs and Genentech while motivating and working collaboratively with other team members. The manager/senior manager will work under limited direction and proactively notify his or her supervisor with work priorities and timelines; work will be reviewed for soundness of judgment and overall adequacy.
CareersInPharmaceutical.com - 10 months ago
"The few, the proud, the profitable" could be Genentech's motto. One of the world's oldest and most successful biotechs...