Medical Product Manufacturing
Since 1963, Cook Group companies have been among the leaders in developing healthcare devices that have improved lives around the world. COOK remains at the forefront of medical research and worldwide sales of products for endovascular therapy, critical care medicine, general surgery, diagnostic and interventional procedures, bioengineered tissue replacement and regeneration, gastroenterology and endoscopy procedures, urology, and obstetrics and gynecology. COOK is a global company with a global focus - and a global future.
COOK Polymer Technology (CPT), is a Bloomington, IN based OEM for a private, global medical device manufacturer.
CPT is the plastic manufacturing segment of Cook Medical Inc. Formerly known as Sabin Corp., CPT manufactures and supplies Cook Group companies with medical device components and sub-assemblies.
CPT utilizes the latest manufacturing techniques in the areas of extrusion, injection molding, insert molding and assembly automation to achieve its objective.
Utilize polymer science experience and skills to support Cook Product Development projects.
Essential Job Functions/Duties (may include other duties as assigned)
• Execute various Technical support functions including, interface with internal groups (e.g. Engineering Quality Assurance, Purchasing, etc.) follow through with contract services, and assist Product Development in the development of new products
• Support Quality Lab testing and operational functions
• Interface with engineering personnel in the development and establishment of materials and test methods for use in future devices for our customers
• Assist in the identification of polymer mechanisms that have caused field application failures
• Interact with customers, as needed, to provide needed expertise in the field of polymer coatings, polymer-polymer compatibility, and other new polymer manipulation technology being researched
• With a high degree of independence, plans, conducts and directs engineering projects
• May be responsible for technical development of others
• Coordinates activities with internal and external suppliers and customers
• Identifies and solves system-level as well as challenging technical problems
Minimum Work Experience/Educational Requirements
• Minimum of a Masters Degree or PhD in Polymer Chemistry or closely related
• Expertise in the field of polymer materials, characterization techniques, and chemical interactions
• Possess applicable knowledge of polymers used in the medical industry
• Knowledge of new syntheses techniques and new polymer and coating developments preferred
• Functional understanding of laboratory test methods (e.g. ASTM standards) and other testing or computer related evaluations is necessary
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
• Personal protective equipment including safety glasses, lab coat and gloves required in most areas associated with this position
• Sitting for extended periods, utilizes close visual acuity for working with computers, etc.
401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
Medical, dental, and vision
Paid time off
Flexible spending account
Cook is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Cook Medical - 19 months ago
Belonging to the Cook Medical division of the Cook Group, Cook Incorporated makes thousands of medical devices and related items. Its...