Assists patients referred to the sleep disorder clinic to obtain appropriate diagnosis & treatment. Under direction of physicians in the Sleep Medicine Department, provides information regarding study procedures, diagnostic findings, & recommended treatments.
- Schedules appointments for patients to visit sleep disorder clinic.
- Conducts initial education & orientation session as per department guidelines.
- Enters referrals into Health Connect.
- Provides patients w/ home diagnostic equipment & instructs them on its use.
- Downloads home studies, scores raw data & forwards the results to the physician.
- Reviews results from outside laboratories.
- Under direction of physician, communicates sleep study results & recommendation to patients.
- Assists patients to understand their covered benefits & obtain therapeutic equipment.
- Dispense CPAP & related equipment:
- Performs CPAP auto titration;
- Dispense CPAP equipment & accessories & performs mask fittings;
- Assists patients w/ equipment problems.
- Maintains equipment & supplies used by clinic for diagnostic & therapeutic purposes.
- Performs other related duties as directed.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Associate's degree in respiratory therapy or polysomnography or equivalent years of directly related work experience.
- Licensed Polysomnographic Technologist in the corresponding jurisdiction required.
- Certified RPSGT (Registered Polysomnographic Technologist) must be obtained w/in six (6) months of hire.
- Proficiency in the use of applicable computer software.
- In order to work effectively w/ patients, must have effective interpersonal & communication skills & be able to stand, walk, bend, lift at least 50 pounds, hear, speak, & see.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience as a sleep apnea technician or polysomnographic technologist, preferred.
America’s leading not-for-profit health plan, Kaiser Permanente serves more than 9 million people from 37 hospitals and 611...