With its broad roster of new stars and legendary artists, Warner Music Group is home to a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, Cordless, East West, Elektra, Nonesuch, Reprise, Rhino, Roadrunner, Rykodisc, Sire, Warner Bros. and Word, as well as Warner/Chappell Music, one of the world's leading music publishers, with a catalog of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
Department Description: The A&R Department operates as the primary source of talent scouting and record making within Atlantic Records. It is A&R that allows us to locate and sign new talent and continue making records for currently signed artists. In the new model of deals it is also the A&R department that is primarily responsible for creating 360 deal opportunities for all new and currently signed artists.
High Level Job Description :
Assist the EVP / Head of A&R on the Rock and Pop genre department and coordinate active on-roster artist projects.
Detailed Job Description/ Responsibilities :
- Provide administrative support to the Executive Vice President / Head of A&R. This includes scheduling meetings, travel arrangements, expense reports, and heavy phones.
- Schedule writing sessions and coordinate travel for management and label artists/writers on roster
- Coordinate all department-related events, such as Senior and Junior A&R meetings, showcases, and ticketing.
- Handle ticket solicitations for the department
- Assist and participate in the coordination of record production. Work with mixing and mastering engineers, studio managers, and artists and making sure to meet production deadlines.
- Work closely with all departments including publicity, sales, marketing, product management, finance and legal
- Act as a liaison between the label, artists, and the management companies that represent them
- Arrange artist studio schedules, travel arrangements and co-writes
- Assist in researching new acts
- Attend showcases to scout for new talent
- Keep artist demos, mixes etc. organized
Required Competencies/Skills :
- Ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced environment with many different projects
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- Professional and able to work under pressure with high-profile clients
- Must have ability to work with very demanding boss
- Must have an interest in A&R and searching for new artists
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Programs
- Familiarity with industry resources, such as Mediabase and Sound Scan.
Special Requirements/Preferences :
- Previous music industry experience is preferred
- Strong written/verbal communication skills
- Strong PC/Mac skills
- Knowledge of technical audio studio terminology and programs, such as Pro Tools, is a plus
- Knowledge of iTunes, Soundscan, and Mediabase is preferred
- Knowledge of contemporary commercial music trends, what’s on radio, what’s selling, etc is preferred
- Knowledge of contemporary music history is preferred
- Must have insane passion for music
- Familiarity with the New York area and music scene is preferred
Education Required :
Our Company is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national Origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, familial status, military or veteran status, or any other legal recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws and the Company complies with all applicable reasonable accommodation requirements which such laws may require. Accordingly, please inform the Company’s Human Resources representative if you need an accommodation in order for you to complete any employment application-related forms or otherwise to participate in the application or selection process for the position for which you are applying. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity and will enable applicants to participate in the application and selection process and for employees to perform the essential functions of their jobs without imposing undue hardship on our Company. The Company also will make reasonable accommodations to an applicants or employee’s religious beliefs and practices as may be required by law, unless an undue hardship would result.
Copyright © 2011 Warner Music Inc.
Warner Music Group - 13 months ago