Building cleaning workers – including porters, janitors, maids, housekeeping cleaners, window washers and rug shampooers -- keep premises of commercial or institutional building in clean and orderly condition.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities Other duties may be assigned.
• Cleans offices, bathrooms, hallways, lobbies, lounges, rest rooms, corridors, elevators, stairways, and locker rooms and other work areas.
• Perform heavy cleaning duties, such as wet- or dry-mop floors, shampooing rugs, washing walls and glass, removing rubbish, pressure washing, gum and graffiti removal.
• Empty trash cans, painting and carpentry, replenish bathroom supplies, landscaping and snow removal.
• Sweeps, scrubs, waxes, and polishes floor, lighting fixtures, marble surfaces, and trim.
• Cleans rugs, carpets, upholstered furniture, and draperies.
• Dusts furniture and equipment.
• Replaces light bulbs.
• Transports small equipment or tools between departments.
• Sets up tables and chairs in auditorium, meeting rooms or hall.
• Make minor repairs as needed.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
• Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time.
• Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; takes responsibility for own actions.
• Teamwork - Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
• Diversity - Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences.
• Ethics - Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and ethically; upholds organizational values.
• Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures.
• Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials properly.
Education and/or Experience
Less than high school education, or up to two years related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions in English, complete forms and/or checklists in English; write short simple memos. Building cleaning workers who come in contact with the public should have good communication skills.
Because most office buildings are cleaned while they are empty, building cleaning workers are required to work evening and weekend hours. When there is need for 24-hour maintenance, the individual may be assigned to shifts.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; may be required to climb or balance on scaffolds; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 60 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to wet conditions, outdoor elements, cleansing solutions. The noise level in the work environment can range from moderate to noisy (e.g., machine noise, exterior noise.)
Drug Free Workplace
Special note to third party recruiters: Forest City Enterprises values its relationships with our vendor partners. Occasionally we invite third party recruiters to assist us in filling an open requisition, and resumes must be submitted only through our talent supplier portal by those firms authorized to present candidates to us. Currently we are not seeking assistance from any third party or contingency recruiters for this position, and any resumes sent via email, internet or any other means will be considered unsolicited and Forest City will not be responsible for placement fees.
Forest City Enterprises - 17 months ago