City National Rochdale is an established, dynamic investment management firm located in Midtown Manhattan with regional offices across the country. We invest globally for a nationwide client base of high net worth individuals. Our focus is on sound investment advice and superior service to satisfy our client relationships.
We are currently seeking a new addition to our Portfolio Management team in our San Francisco office. As a Portfolio Management Associate / Junior PM you will work directly with Portfolio Managers responsible for several hundred million dollars in high net worth client assets. To that extent, you will be responsible for a variety of activities including, but not limited to:
• Trade implementation and strategic rebalancing for new and existing client accounts, you will benefit from having experience with stock and bond trading.
• Interface with Research and Investment Management teams to ensure City National Rochdale’s strategy is accurately reflected in client portfolios.
• Communicating with clients, prospective clients and their financial advisors in the course of providing the highest degree of service.
• Mastering the technology used in the portfolio management, research and proposal processes.
• Preparation of customized reports and analysis for existing clients and their advisors provided as part of the normal client review process.
The ideal candidate should be career focused, possess strong analytical skills, and have the enthusiasm to take on initiatives independently. The Portfolio Managers will rely on you to cover for them when out of the office for meetings; and will expect you to proactively assist with the management of the accounts. You should be team oriented and able to work in a fast paced environment. Additional requirements include:
• Enrollment in the CFA program
• Minimum 3-5 years within the financial services industry
• Relevant experience with investment analysis, including stocks, fixed income and alternative investments
• Proficient in Word, PowerPoint, Excel
• Strong presentation and communication skills
• Problem solving skills
• Ability to work independently and embrace responsibility
• Strong analytical skills
• Excellent grammar and writing skills
• Intelligence and creativity
• Detail oriented
• Ability to influence people and extract information
This is an excellent opportunity for a bright and intelligent individual with the goal of career progression to Portfolio Manager.
City National Bank - 24 months ago
City National Bank is the wholly owned subsidiary of City National Corporation (NYSE:CYN). It is backed by $15.9 billion in total assets,...