Invesco has earned the trust of investors around the world. With fully integrated investment capabilities that span traditional and alternative asset classes, Invesco is one of the world’s leading names in investment management for institutions and individuals worldwide. Access investment solutions available in the U.S., Canada, Continental Europe or Asia Pacific marketplaces.
Job Purpose (Job Summary)
To assist in the strategy and direction of managing money market funds, liquidity and short bond portfolios for optimal performance within the process and risk framework of Invesco Fixed Income. This includes maintaining a strong fiduciary responsibility to Invesco’s clients and engaging with Global Liquidity team sharing ideas. The ability to interact with Invesco’s clients, investors and other constituencies in the investment community is required.
Key Responsibilities / Duties
- Provide and implement strategies for the Global Liquidity Portfolio Management team in the management of money market, liquidity and ultra-short bond portfolios including analysis of portfolio composition, objectives and strategies.
- Produce sound investment results and appropriately balance risk guidelines and return to build premier portfolios performance with a strong fiduciary responsibility to clients.
- Help develop and manage effective portfolio management and investment process. Implements trading policies, procedures, business initiatives and annual goals.
- Interface with key clients, brokers and consultants to promote Invesco Global Liquidity products as well as Invesco Fixed Income.
- Examine and monitor legislative, regulatory and economic developments relating to fixed income securities and their issuers.
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory requirements and laws impacting portfolios and the business.
- Interact on a daily basis with Global Liquidity investment teams across the world. May serve on investment committees and assists on ad hoc requests from management.
- Provides information and reports to internal and external constituencies.
- Daily start time is 6:30am.
Work Experience / Knowledge
- Minimum 3 years of experience managing money market and/or short term fixed income portfolios in global markets with a track record of success.
- Experience with providing information and reports to internal and external constituencies.
- Retail and institutional client experience essential.
Skills / Other Personal Attributes Required
- This individual must have strong communication skills and will have demonstrated success as a team player with leadership experience or potential.
- Excellent presentation skills;
- Team player who is comfortable in a collaborative team-oriented environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Effective with all constituencies including executive management, brokers and consultants.
- Ability to influence and persuade others.
- Evidences potentially strong leadership skills and open minded, flexible, and willing to listen for other peoples’ opinions.
- Effective interpersonal skills necessary to effectively influence outcomes both within the team and organization-wide.
- A Master’s in finance, economics, mathematics or business related field is optimal.
- Post-graduate education and/or CFA strongly preferred.
- Normal office environment with little exposure to excessive noise, dust and temperatures. Required to push, pull, lift or otherwise move weight up to 10 pounds. Frequent sitting, standing, and walking.
- Typically works regularly assigned hours but may be required to work additional hours as needed.
- Daily start time is 6:30am.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The job holder may be required to perform other duties as deemed appropriate by their manager from time to time.
Invesco - 8 months ago
As one of the largest independent global investment managers, Invesco Ltd. is dedicated to helping investors worldwide achieve their...