- Research - Review and evaluate investment ideas from all sources including: Buy side, Sell side, Wall street. Many PM's function as buy side analysts in specific research terms.
- Portfolio Construction - Assemble, monitor and interpret client portfolios by assessing the securities selection through individual and industry sector weights, market capitalization mix, and overall risk/return profile.
- Client Service - Counsel clients on all facets of the investment overview both with regard to their specific portfolio and how this portfolio fits into their complete financial profile. Visit clients on site and report on results and outlook to family or board. Provide interim updates via written reports and telephone contact. Coordinate with other outside advisors including consultants, planners, accountants, insurance professionals and others.
- Administration - Oversee the work of the Portfolio Administrators and interface as needed with other support personnel including Accounting, Systems, Trading and Administration.
- Marketing - Initiate and participate in new business development via internal and external referrals and by working closely with the Marketing staff.
- Other - Provide insight and leadership as appropriate to further Investment Management Department.
- Series 7 and 66 (or 63 and 65) licenses required or must be obtained within 120 days of start date
- Seven or more years of industry related support experience required
- Bachelor's degree, in Finance or Accounting required; MBA desirable
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) accreditation is preferred
- Comprehensive understanding of investment products, securities operations, and the servicing requirements of specific clients
- Able to provide direction in order to build a strong team environment
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products Works cooperatively with others to accomplish objectives
- Delivers clear, effective communication and takes responsibility for understanding others; Commits to satisfying internal/external customers
- Strong accounting and financial analysis skills
- Detail-oriented to ensure that standards are met or exceeded