AIDS RESEARCH ALLIANCE
is seeking candidates and referrals
for the position of
Postdoctoral Research Fellow
AIDS Research Alliance (ARA), a non-profit community-based medical research organization, is seeking candidates for the position of Postdoctoral Fellow. Located in Los Angeles, CA, ARA exists to develop a cure for HIV/AIDS, medical modalities to prevent new infections, and better treatments for those living with HIV. ARA conducts both industry and ARA sponsored clinical trials for HIV+ and HIV negative individuals from a varied and diverse population. AIDS Research Alliance is the Los Angeles site for the NIH funded HIV Vaccine Trials Network (HVTN). ARA does not provide primary care.
Profile of position
The Postdoctoral Research Fellow will work primarily in testing the ability of Prostratin, in combination with other approaches, to target the HIV-1 latent reservoirs.
Level of work
The Postdoctoral Research Fellow reports to the Medical Director.
Exemplary functions of the position
Note: These examples are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work to be performed. The actual work may differ.
- Develop and execute resilient experiments using in-vitro and ex-vivo models with application to HIV latency, antiretroviral activity, drug-drug interference.
- The candidate must be able to work independently, design and conduct experiments.
- Write manuscripts.
- Write grants.
- Apply for fellowships.
- Give scientific presentations in meetings/conferences.
- Oversee laboratory personnel for HVTN protocols.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ph.D. in a medical science discipline (biology, biochemistry, molecular biology, or equivalent field).
- A graduate within 2-4 years of the award of his/her Ph.D. degree) is preferred.
- A record of research accomplishments and publications.
- Training background in molecular biology and HIV-1.
- Proficiency in the following techniques: cell culture, PBMC isolation, magnetic cell separation, flow cytometry (FACS), ELISA, RNA and DNA isolation, RT, PCR and real time PCR.
- The successful candidate must be self-motivated and analytically skilled.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong computer skills (MS office, adobe, endnote, etc).
- Competitive salary (commensurate with experience).
- Excellent fringe benefit package.
- The appointment is for two (2) years and is renewable upon mutual consent.
- This is a regular, full-time, exempt position.
- If interested in applying, please send cover letter, resume and contact information for three professional references via email.
- If interested in referring a potential candidate, please have the candidate send cover letter, resume and contact information for three professional references via email.
- ARA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- No phone calls.
- No Faxes.
Indeed - 9 months ago