Assist with the management and coordination of post-baccalaureate record keeping.
- Uphold the academic policies of PLNU and confidentiality of all matters pertaining to student records and the business of the Office of Records.
- Respond to queries from Regional Centers, faculty and students in a timely manner.
- Participate in entering the annual database catalog, integrated database, academic calendars, and semester course schedules for post-baccalaureate programs.
- Serve as a liaison and coordinate record keeping for graduate programs in the schools of Business, Education, Nursing, and Theology/Christian Ministry and in the Department of Biology.
- Collaborate with the Associate Director in developing and documenting graduate records policies and procedures.
- Assist in the training and support of faculty in on-line submission of grades and on-line advising and registration processes.
- Serve on the Graduate Support Services Committee.
- Support the Associate Director in organizing Graduate Commencement Convocation details (candidate tracking, regalia ordering, diploma processing, degree posting).
- Coordinate with the Records Assistant in processing data to the National Student Clearinghouse for federal reporting.
- Update National Student Clearinghouse data on a case by case basis.
- Aid in the development and implementation of Web registration and on-line advising guides and corresponding plan sheets for post-baccalaureate programs.
- Collaborate in the maintenance of graduate database catalog updates.
- Support the Associate Director in the set-up and maintenance of proper cohort and bill codes, and course fees.
- Participate in the Office of Records website development.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Experience preferred in post-secondary records, registration, and/or closely related area.
- Understanding of computerized database and reporting systems.
- Understanding of and commitment to the spiritual mission of the University.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to exercise critical interpersonal skills in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with students, staff, faculty, and external contacts.
- Strong computer skills, especially in Excel.
- Careful attention to detail and time management skills.
- Ability to work independently and accomplish tasks under deadline stresses in an open and busy work environment.
- Ability to employ creative problem solving skills to complex situations.
- Ability to take direction well and work cooperatively and diplomatically with a diverse team.
Physical Demands (if applicable):
Sitting for periods greater than one hour. Use of computer equipment: computer keyboard, mouse, and monitor. Vision to read documents, e-mail and other correspondence, and reports on paper and computer monitor. Hearing and speaking to communicate effectively with others in person and by phone. Will also stand, stoop, push, pull, and lift up to 10 lbs throughout the day.
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Point Loma Nazarene University - 14 months ago