* Applicants must possess technical capacities and/or expertise that does not currently exist at NAU and that will therefore increase NAU's research and training capacity.
* This position has identified funding for two years. Continued employment after that time period would depend on funding, satisfactory performance and departmental need.
* Not subject to layoff or recall status.
* Post-Doctoral Scholars are hired on a contract basis according to the terms of ABOR Policy 6-310, "Conditions of Post-Doctoral Service", which may be found at: http://azregents.asu.edu/rrc/Policy%20Manual/6-310-Conditions%20of%20Postdoctoral%20Scholar%20Service.pdf
* This is a full-time position located at the NAU campus in Flagstaff, AZ.
* The postdoctoral scholar will provide the expertise to analyze natural microbial products and will interact with researchers in chemistry biochemistry and environmental microbiology. The scholar will have an interest in entrepreneurship and commercial application of natural products and production and isolation strategies.
* An earned PhD in bioorganic chemistry, organic chemistry or related field with an emphasis on isolation and analysis of natural products.
* Availability to start by March 1, 2013
* A record of publication
* Experience with collaborative interdisciplinary research
* Interest in entrepreneurship
* Experience with metabolic pathway analysis.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
* Experience with GCMS, one and two dimensional NMR, HPLC and ESI MS-MS is desired.
* Excellent presentation and writing skills.
Northern Arizona University requires satisfactory results for the following: a criminal background investigation, an employment history verification and a degree verification (in some cases) prior to employment. You may also be required to complete a fingerprint background check.
Additionally, as an employer in the state of Arizona, NAU is required to participate in the federal E-Verify program that assists employers with verifying new employees' right to work in the United States.
Post-Doctoral Scholars are hired on a contract basis, renewable each fiscal year for a maximum of 4 renewals (5 years) according to terms of the Conditions of Post-Doctoral Service, which may be found on the Internet at http://www.abor.asu.edu/1_the_regents/policymanual/chap6/chap6_part1.htm#6-310.
NAU offers an excellent benefit package to Post-Doctoral Scholars including generous health, dental and vision insurance (available 90-days after the employee's start date); 10 days of vacation and 10 holidays per year; and tuition reduction for employees and qualified family members. Participation in NAU retirement plans is not available to Post-Doctoral Scholars. More information on benefits at NAU is available at http://hr.nau.edu/benefits/elig_enroll.
Open until further notice.
Northern Arizona University - 2 years ago