The International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI) seeks a qualified candidate to serve as a Postdoctoral Fellow/Research Fellow for a two-year, fixed term, renewable appointment for its Markets, Trade & Institutions Division. This position is based at IFPRI headquarters located in Washington, DC but may involve travel to any of the countries in which IFPRI carries out its research.
The candidate will help support IFPRI's research program to research and test ways in which applied mechanism design can help to promote factor markets development in developing countries, through the use of experimental economics methods.
Please note that Postdoctoral appointments at IFPRI have a maximum term of three (3) years, inclusive of any approved appointment extensions.
- PhD in Economics or be near completion of a PhD.
- Specialization in experimental economics
- Minimum three years experience running, designing and implementing economic experiments.
- Demonstrated excellent econometric skills and ability to use economic theory in innovative and policy relevant ways
- Demonstrated experience in collecting and analyzing primary survey data
- Demonstrated ability to work in multi-disciplinary teams
- Ability to travel extensively.
- Excellent written and spoken English fluency.
Preferred Qualifications :
- Spanish and/or French language skills