The International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI) seeks a qualified candidate to serve as a Postdoctoral Fellow/Research Fellow for its Environment and Production Technology Division. The successful candidate will conduct research on agricultural technologies and productivity related to the key inputs of water, fertilizers and energy.
The position is a two-year, fixed-term, exempt appointment, and is renewable depending on performance and funding. Please note that Postdoctoral Fellow appointments at IFPRI have a maximum term of three (3) years, inclusive of any approved appointment extensions. This position is based at IFPRI headquarters located in Washington, D.C.
- Work on design of household surveys, empirical micro econometric modeling, and household and production analysis.
- Support work of IFPRI and the Water, Land and Ecosystem Program through microeconomic modeling work.
- Ph.D. in Agricultural or Natural Resource Economics or closely related field;
- Significant applied econometric and quantitative analysis skills;
- Experience in collecting and analyzing primary survey data in developing countries;
- Excellent communication skills in written & spoken English;
- Ability to travel extensively;
- Goal-oriented and creative team player.
At the Research Fellow Level:
- 3+ years of post-PhD experience relevant to the job and demonstrated fundraising experience
- Excellent publication record in peer-reviewed journals
- Major external recognition within peer professional network due to publications and other leaderships activities
- Demonstrated leadership skills and strong experience building and managing teams
- Demonstrated leadership in developing global/regional research programs for policy recommendations
- Work experience in Africa or Asia;
- Gender analysis skills;
- Experience on linking agriculture and irrigation with other key development outcomes, such as health and nutrition;
- Knowledge of French.