The University of Southern California (USC), founded in 1880, is located in the heart of downtown L.A. and is the largest private employer in the City of Los Angeles. As an employee of USC, you will be a part of a world-class research university and a member of the "Trojan Family," which is comprised of the faculty, students and staff that make the university what it is.
**This position is located in Marina del Rey, CA**
Information Sciences Institute (ISI), part of USC's Viterbi School of Engineering, seeks a Postdoctoral Scholar-Research Associate for the Intelligent Systems Division, with specialization in one or more of the following areas:
A successful candidate will be capable of generating research ideas and solutions to complex computer science problems, providing research support on problems of diverse scope, and executing research projects in collaboration with others.
- Biomedical data integration and knowledge engineering
- Information integration
- Knowledge technologies, workflows, and big science
- Machine translation
- Natural language processing
- Social networks
This position is a one year fixed-term appointment, with a possible reappointment for a second year. Appointment may begin before 8/15/2014 if appropriate.
- Serves as a research trainee for the purpose of enhancing and developing research competencies. Participates in planning, designing and conducting highly technical and complex research projects under direction of a research faculty member.
- Identifies, researches, compiles and evaluates data sources, background information and/or technology related to area of specialization.
- Analyzes and evaluates research data utilizing computers, and provides interpretations requiring significant knowledge of a specialized area of research. Searches literature, utilizing all available resources including electronic, regarding new methodology and designs experiments accordingly.
- Contributes to the development of research documentation for publication and/or prepares technical reports, papers and/or records.
***The University of Southern California values diversity and is committed to equal opportunity in employment.***
A PhD in computer science or a related field within the past 5 years is required.
Minimum Field of Expertise:
Publications in peer-reviewed journals in the same or related field.
Preferred Field of Expertise:
Special Instructions to Applicants:
We request that applicants not submit reference letters themselves. Instead, please ask at least 3 references to submit letters of reference directly to the ISI Intelligent Systems Division at the following email address:
Quicklink for Posting:
University of Southern California - 8 months ago