Job Overview: Power Plant SME / Training Specialist, Summary of Job Function:
The purpose of this position is to provide consulting services to power plant clients and internal customers in the following areas:
Experience Required: 5 Years
- Subject Matter Expertise in one or more of the following areas:
- Power plant operations (coal-fired, simple cycle, and combined cycle technologies)
- Power plant maintenance (Electrical, Mechanical, and Instrumentation & Control)
- Power plant performance
- Power plant chemistry
- Power plant environmental, health, and safety
- Design, develop & implement training programs utilizing a Systematic Approach to Training for power plant workers This requires a high degree of proficiency when developing and conducting technical training.
- Perform Training Needs Assessments to determine the best training solutions for power industry clients
- Conduct technical instructor-led training
- Travel to client sites is required
Education: Vocational / Military Training
Required Travel: 50%
- Must have post-high school training in a technical field
- Navy Nuclear Power Training or B.S. Engineering degree is desired
- Proven technical writing and verbal communication skills
- Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint applications
- Drive to exceed client expectations with high-quality work products that are delivered on time and within budget
- Ability to be highly productive in a self-directed work environment
- Strong presentation and public speaking abilities
- Strong organizational skills
- Working knowledge of the SAT process
- 5 years working in a power generating, power plant construction, or technical environment
- 2 years conducting classroom and on the job training
- 2 years designing and developing technical training programs including training materials, instructor guides, evaluation tools, job performance measures and power point presentations.
GP Strategies is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, or marital status.
- Will sit and stand periodically during the day.
- May reach over shoulder heights.
- May lift up to 50 lbs.
RWD Technologies, Inc. provides integrated products and solutions designed to improve the productivity and effectiveness of workers in...