Rolls-Royce, a world-leading provider of power systems and services for use on land, at sea and in the air, operates in four global markets - civil aerospace, defense aerospace, marine and energy. We continue to invest in core technologies, products, people and capabilities with the objective of broadening and strengthening the product portfolio, improving efficiency and enhancing the environmental performance of our products.
The Power Systems Engineering Specialist is the technical leader and subject matter expert for all issues related to the dynamic control and protection of the generator and associated equipment. This candidate will shape the vision for generator control and protection solutions across the RR Energy Gas Turbine portfolio as well as develop flexible and robust baseline designs to support our global market and continue to evolve best practice within this technical discipline. This candidate will also ensure the project execution teams are supported with design guidance, engineering tools and training to enable them to engineer solutions of the highest quality and reliability.
Rolls-Royce has a broad customer base comprising 600 airlines, 4,000 corporate and utility aircraft and helicopter operators, 160 armed forces, more than 2,000 marine customers including 70 navies, and energy customers in 120 countries. Rolls-Royce is a technology leader, employing 38,000 people in offices, manufacturing and service facilities in 50 countries.
- Design authority for Generator Control and Protection Systems, including excitation systems and where applicable MV connection solutions
- Define and manage standard ?baseline? designs that will meet global requirements and the relevant local and international codes and standards
- Lead the customer technical engagement relating to Grid Code compliance.
- Provide technical leadership and ensure compliance to process and standards via the project design reviews process. Ensure requirements are captured with the associated rationale and appropriate validation is undertaken (DOORS).
- Ensure the project execution teams have a robust process and design tools to:
- Undertake fault calculations and determine coordinated protection settings.
- Define AVR and PSS parameters and tune excitation systems
- Support network studies undertaken by customers or others and develop a appropriate internal capability.
- Engage in debate with customers on system design issues and provide order win teams with expert input.
- Apply Health, Safety and the Environment policy including a commitment to continuous improvement. Support the product safety case and ensure an ALARP driven philosophy is deployed throughout the generator control and protection systems
- Where necessary liaise with customers and vendors to address major concerns and quality escapes. Lead root cause investigations and subsequent improvement programmes.
Rolls-Royce is a Military Friendly Employer.
Rolls-Royce is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and a barrier-free employment process.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Rolls-Royce - 7 months ago
Rolls-Royce plc is a global company providing power on land, sea, and air. The company has established leading positions in civil aerospace,...