Summary: Responsible for overseeing operations of the practice under the Hospital’s policies and standards. Supervises personnel, billing, and financial operations. Responsible for planning, problem-solving, and recommending opportunities for practice growth, charge capture, and cost savings. Acts as liaison between physicians, staff, and patients.
Performs duties and responsibilities in a manner consistent with our mission and values.
Principle Accountabilities: % Of Time Spent
1. Oversees daily practice operations. Analyzes office operations, problem solves, recommends and implements improvements. 5%
2. Responsible for back office as the clinical lead, room patients, injections, liaison between physicians and patients. 80%
3. Reviews physicians electronic notes to ensure ICD9 & CPT coding is appropriate. Acts as a liaison between the billing company and the practice. 5%
4. Maintains appropriate records including payroll and processing of invoices and other expense items for administrative approval and accounts payable. 5%
5. Orders office and medical supplies and minor equipment to meet practice needs. 2%
6. Maintains credentialing of physicians through CAQH and/or with individual insurance. 1%
7. Coordinates scheduling of staff to ensure that appropriate staffing is available to meet the medical office’s requirements. Performs annual merit evaluations with the assistance of the physician . 1%
8. Performs other work duties as assigned. 1%
Medical office or hospital department experience preferred. Strong computer skills and excellent communication skills are vital.
The assessment, care and treatment provided by the practice coordinator will be consistent with the specific age related needs of the patient. The practice coordinator is competent to care for patient age groups consistent with the specialties of the physicians in the practice.
High school diploma required. Licensed or certified LPN or MA.
Employee is required to sit and walk frequently. Employee must lift/carry a light (1-20 lbs.) load frequently, a medium (21-50 lbs.) and/or heavy (50 lbs. +) load occasionally. Employee may be required to lift over 100 lbs. with assistance. Employee is occasionally required to bend, squat, crawl, kneel, climb, lift waist to overhead. Employee is occasionally required to reach forward and reach overhead. Employee may be required to do simple grasping and pushing/pulling.
(Occasionally: 1-33%, Frequently: 34-66%, Continuously: 67-100%)
The most significant of duties are included but this does not exclude occasional work assignments not mentioned or developmental duties.
Job Relationships: Brief descriptions of the types of interactions that occur for this job.
Takes direction from: Physicians
Provides direction to: Practice Staff
Supervised by: Physicians / Manager of Physician Practices
Reviewed and/or Revised: February 2013
Mission: Faithful to our Episcopal-Presbyterian heritage and its ministry of healing, St. Luke’s Hospital is dedicated to improving the health of the community. Using talents and resources responsibly, our medical staff, employees and volunteers provide care for the whole person with compassion, professional excellence, and respect for each other and those we serve.
Core Values: Human Dignity, Justice, Excellence, Compassion, and Stewardship.
Human Dignity: Demonstrates respect for the dignity and needs of patients, visitors, physicians, and co-workers.
Justice: Honors each person’s rights and responsibilities by working as a team player to provide positive patient outcomes.
Excellence: Demonstrates creativity and inventiveness in improving the ways in which work-related tasks are performed. Also strives for excellence in the services that he/she provides.
Compassion: Demonstrates caring beyond “It’s My Job” and utilizes positive interpersonal skills.
Stewardship: Demonstrates honesty and acts with integrity. Also demonstrates the ability to work in a safe, cost-effective and efficient manner.
FACES – Friendly – Available – Caring – Efficient – Safe
Communication Standards: Promotes and provides courteous and effective communication with internal and external customers.
St. Luke's Hospital - Missouri - 10 months ago