St. Cloud Technical & Community College seeks a Practical Nursing instructor-Temporary Part Time/Adjunct dedicated to excellence in teaching who desires to become part of a creative, vibrant, student-centered learning community. The successful candidate will demonstrate a commitment to interdisciplinary and cross-cultural perspectives. Faculty members at St. Cloud Technical & Community College are professionally active scholars who participate in departmental and campus-wide activities to enhance their disciplines, promote interdisciplinary collaboration, and advance the college mission. The college is committed to reflecting a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds among its administrators, faculty and staff.
Examples of duties:
- Teach a range of subjects across the Practical Nursing curriculum.
- Design and develop curriculum to meet accreditation standards.
- Teach day and evening courses utilizing traditional and alternative delivery methods.
- Academic advising to students and contributing to the department as a whole.
- Supervise student internship experiences.
- Work as a team member in maintaining a learning environment that effectively and efficiently meets the educational requirements of the diverse postsecondary student.
- Participate in college and community activities.
- Engage in scholarly activities consistent with the college’s goals.
- Build and maintain professional and community business relationships.
- Budget planning and fiscal management.
- Recruitment of students and job placement.
- Must qualify for MnSCU Credentialing in Practical Nursing. For additional information regarding licensure requirements, please refer to the MnSCU Credentialing Website at: http://www.licensure.mnscu.edu
- Bachelors degree in Nursing
- Two full time years (or eqivalent) of verified related paid work experience as a registered nurse at the professional level.
One year of the work experience shall be within the five years immediately preceding the date of application for the credential field. The recency requirement shall be waived if the individual has two years of successful full-time (or equivalent) post secondary teaching experience in the credential field within the last five years.
You must apply online and attach an electronic cover letter, resume, and a copy of your transcript(s) to your online application in order to be considered for this position. Paper applications and resumes will not be considered.
St. Cloud Technical & Community College - 17 months ago