Job Function: Healthcare Administration, Executive
Comprehensive Health Services (CHS) health centers are setting a new standard in onsite health care delivery, enabling you to deliver the highest quality in patient care. Founded in 1975, CHS is focused exclusively on managing workforce health programs for major corporations and government agencies. With best practices developed by more than 30 years of experience, CHS helps employers with large, dispersed, or mobile workforces achieve healthier employees, lower absenteeism, fewer injuries, lower long-term risk and lower payouts for disability and employee health costs. Explore career options at one of our 75+ onsite health centers, providing proactive health care for the nations leading employers. Become a member of tomorrows health care delivery today. Every body wins with CHS!
CHS has a full time opening for a Practice Administrator to work at the Well at Dell Health Center in Round Rock, TX.
The Practice Administrator is responsible for directing, administering and evaluating the onsite health service in alignment with CHS, Inc. and Client organizational goals and objectives.
- Primary care clinic
- Adult patient population
- Scope of practice: chronic care, acute care, prevention, annual exams
- Evaluation of work-related injuries/illnesses
- Health and Wellness focus
- Will use EMR
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Primary care administration/practice management highly preferred.
- RN licensure helpful but not mandatory
- Minimum five years of clinical experience required
- Minimum three years of supervisory experience required
- Medical practice management work history
- Basic knowledge of related fields; such as: human resources, quality processes, safety, ergonomics, infection control, regulatory compliance
- Knowledge of organization policies and procedures and have the ability to apply these to solve everyday problems and deal with a variety of situations.
- Ability to work effectively with patients, staff, and onsite client.
- Ability to make independent judgments and decisions, exercise initiative, solve problems
- Ability to establish priorities and coordinate work activities.
- Ability to organize and integrate organizational priorities and deadlines
- Experience with medical coding and billing preferred
- Ability to plan, organize, work independently, and manage multiple projects
- Ability to use technology to review statistics, collect data, and interpret significant findings, and create comprehensive reports
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Skill in developing and maintaining effective relationships with medical and administrative staff and with patients and the public.
- Computer literacy in MS Office programs and practice management software
- Supervises day-to-day operation of clinic department(s) implementing clinic objectives, policies and procedures.
- Selects and trains/orients departmental personnel.
- Responsible for work assignments and daily operations.
- Evaluates staff performance within delegated areas with input from the Associate Medical Director, and recommends merit increases, promotions, and disciplinary actions.
- Interprets the collected data and statistics for administrative and regulatory purposes, oversees preparation of reports, and answers correspondence.
- Assists in helping senior management develop long-range plans involving new products, services and human resources.
- Shares information and facilitates development of communication systems for staff, physicians and administration.
- Pursues professional development activities and continuing education to ensure currency with present practices and trends in health care.
- Interacts with medical and administrative staff to ensure compliance with standards and regulations.
- Monitors daily and month end reconciliation of financial transactions performed at the clinic and ensures that contract charges are applied uniformly.
- Identifies, writes and updates site specific instructions.
- Protects Clients employees by enforcing confidentiality, infection control procedures, assuring medication administration consistent with the state nurse practice act, and assuring proper storage and maintenance procedures for all equipment and supplies.
- Ensures operation of medical and administrative equipment by verifying emergency equipment availability, completing preventive maintenance requirements, calling for repairs and evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Assesses the needs and identifies trends for the site specific client population, and plans and implements programs and services that support those needs.
- Creates reports for the client and CHS with regards to clinic utilization or other data requested.
- Analyzes and maximizes the staffing model regularly and strategizes regarding future staffing models and workload distribution
- Investigates client complaints in a positive manner and reports back to the client and CHS management team regarding outcome and recommendations
- Provides health education and mental health counseling & refers to EAP as appropriate.
- Provides Client with a status report following any work-related injury to ensure that Client can complete their workers compensation First Report of Injury.
- Resolves quality issues and contributes to unit effectiveness by identifying short-term and long-range issues or problems, examining solutions & options, recommending and implementing action plans and courses of action.
- Seeks and maintains relationships with the client, public and professional agencies in order to maximize resources and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Maintains telephonic, electronic and face to face communication with the CHS Manager of Client Operations (MCO) & Senior Director, Operations (SDO) re: the operation of the health unit
- Conducts regular staff meetings, maintains minutes and reports to CHS management
- Attends client meetings as requested
- Monitors the services of outside vendors and reports issues to CHS management
- Responsible for scheduling staff backfill for vacations and illness.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Attends and participates in a variety of meetings and task force groups to integrate activities, communicate issues, obtain approvals, resolve problems and maintain specific level of knowledge pertaining to new developments, requirements and policies.
- Assists with departmental operations, under direction, to maintain workflow.
- Maintains work area in a clean and orderly condition. Ensures safe operating conditions within area of responsibility. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Round Rock, Texas, United States
Full time Regular
How To Apply:
All Health Jobs.com - 18 months ago