The Education Trust—West (ETW) seeks a full-time Practice Associate to help inform, focus, and coordinate ETW’s work on closing achievement and opportunity gaps, working with schools and districts around California. The Practice Associate will report to the Director of Equity Initiatives.
Practice Associate duties include, but are not limited to:
- Participating in overall research, data collection, and product production of the Practice Team. Key areas of work include student access to rigorous content (e.g. Common Core State Standards, English Development Standards, college and career preparatory curriculum), effective teaching, and equitable funding
- Researching best practices that close the achievement gap
- Participating in school/district visits to document best practices
- Assisting with the Educational Opportunity Audit and Blueprint work, in partnership with other organizations
- Locating, reading, evaluating, and summarizing research regarding effective practices and policies around high standards, rigorous curricula, effective teaching and school leading, including writing synopses and reports
- Highly analytical, ability to see trends and synthesize complex information
- Familiarity/experience with issues of equity, teacher effectiveness, instructional practice, and curriculum/content standards as they relate to raising achievement
- Results-oriented, achievement-driven approach to tasks
- Strong experience in school data collection and analysis
- Strong attention to detail and excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and take initiative
- Ability to collaborate well with others, both inside and outside the organization
- Ability to communicate research findings to a diverse audience
- Experience with and ability to balance multiple demands and deadlines with composure
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are essential
- 3-5 years teaching experience preferred, California public school experience a plus
- Bachelor's degree required; Master’s degree preferred
- Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications. The Education Trust—West offers a comprehensive benefits package.
- Please apply with a thoughtful cover letter, resume and writing sample.
Indeed - 5 months ago
copy to clipboard