As Practice Billing Associate you will perform billing, collections, third party reimbursements, computer data entry and retrieval.
- Performs billing, receivable and related functions including, but not limited to:
- Insurance pre-certification of all surgeries/procedures;
- Billing for all office, surgical and in-hospital procedures;
- Maintaining accounts receivable;
- Posting checks daily; and
- Patient account collections.
- Processes re-credentialing for physicians with insurance companies
- High School Diploma or equivalent, required.
- Minimum of one (1) year third party insurance billing experience, required.
- Data entry skills (80 kpm), required.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
Transforming care, optimizing patient satisfaction and creating better patient outcomes are just some of the things our talented team members are doing at North Shore-LIJ each and every day. As a culture committed to providing our customers with the highest quality service, we stand behind our core values: Patients first; Caring; Excellence; Innovation; Integrity and Teamwork. It is our commitment and our culture that sets us apart from others and is the cornerstone of everything we do. Join an organization whose team members are valued, cared for and offered continuous opportunities to grow. Click on the link to learn more about us: www.northshorelij.com/goals
Please note: North Shore-LIJ is a smoke-free environment. Smoking and the use of tobacco products is strictly prohibited anywhere on campus, including parking lots and outdoor areas on the premises. Free smoking cessation programs and quit medications are offered to team members who wish to quit through the North Shore-LIJ Center for Tobacco Control.
North Shore-LIJ Health System
- 2 years ago - save job
One of the nation's largest health systems, North Shore-LIJ delivers world-class clinical care throughout the New York metropolitan area,...