Assist Administrator/Medical Director with daily operations and patient flow process of the practice(s) assigned. Assist with the hiring process and provide on-site supervision and training of all clerical and clinical support staff. Maintain appropriate staffing levels to ensure timely and efficient completion of job functions. Assist with annual performance evaluation of employees. Maintain time records, track and schedule sick/vacation/holiday time. Complete Kronos reports. Prepare check requests and purchase orders, and ensures the ordering of all supplies for the practice(s) following Practice Plan guidelines for review by Department Administrator. Oversee, maintain, and support the patient scheduling system, registration process and patient flow, maintenance of all patient medical records, correspondence and billing functions of the practice(s) assigned. Maintain skill set to fill in for any operational position when necessary within practice(s) assigned. Supervise processes for receiving/communicating/placing in the medical record all clinical reports, including labs and letters. Supervise processes for receiving and documenting clinical telephone calls. Assist physicians, or ensure timely support to help with any travel arrangements, CME's, teaching or residency program support needs, Directorship logs, call schedules, and completion of credentialing paperwork as needed. Follow and interpret SCPA policies and procedures. Identify, address and resolve patient complaints/problems in an appropriate, efficient and timely manner within scope of authority. Maintain strict employee and patient confidentiality. Understands the needs of the organization and as a liaison supports and facilitates the mission, values and management of SCPA. Perform other duties as assigned.
This position will support the Sections of Ophthalmology and Neurosurgery
Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to handle fast-paced/stressful situations in a calm professional manner
- High level of self-initiative and attention to detail
- Ability to work well with a diverse population of patients as well as co-workers
- Ability to maintain high standards of professional ethics in dealing with confidential information
- Knowledge of all aspects of the managed care organizations
- Prior experience working with automated practice management systems preferred
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excels in customer service
- Strong organizational and process management skills
Training & Education:
High school diploma (or equivalent) required. Associate degree, office management preferred. Knowledge and/or training in medical terminology, typing/keyboarding, computer skills preferred.
- Minimum of two (2) years previous demonstrated work experience in the areas of scheduling, registration, professional patient billing, and/or medical insurance processing required.
- Should have at least two (2) years of patient contact involving the resolution of patient/client issues.
- Minimum of one (1) year supervisory experience, preferably in a medical practice is highly desired.
- Prior experience working in an Academic setting is a plus
- Knowledge and experience working with managed care organizations and the credentialing process is desired.
All clerical and clinical support staff of the practice(s) assigned
483-SCHC Pediatric - Philadelphia, PA
8 Hour Day
Shift begin time
Shift end time
- 2 years ago - save job