: Accountable for the daily operations and patient flow process of the Section of Pulmonary. Assists Director with interviews and the hiring process. Consistently completes assigned tasks and projects and submits required documents, data, and responses in an accurate and timely manner. Ensures on-site management and training of all clerical and clinical support staff to support SCPA initiatives. Maintains appropriate staffing levels to ensure timely and efficient completion of job functions. Assists Director and performs annual performance evaluations of employees. Assists with budget preparation and accounts for any variances. Ensures cost containment and profitability of practice. Provides appropriate approval for time-keeping/payroll records; track and schedule sick/vacation/holiday time. Completes Kronos reports and ensures that all personnel records are accurate, up-to-date and in compliance with all regulatory and organizational policies. Completes all check requests, purchase orders, and ordering of all supplies, in a timely manner, and follows Practice Plan guidelines for review by Director. Oversees the patient scheduling system, registration process and patient flow, maintenance of all patient medical records, correspondence and billing functions of the practice(s) assigned. Manages all charge entry activities, providing daily review of charge entry process and daily reports for accuracy. Reports any variances to Director. Reviews monthly key indicator reports for action. Ensures task manager edits and denials are reviewed and corrected on a daily basis. Report trends to administration for proactive management. Maintain and review current capitation lists. Ensure managed care quality incentive logs are completed as needed to ensure maximum quality incentives are received (i.e.: PQAS). Maintains skill set to fill in for any operational position when necessary within practice(s) assigned. Oversees the processes for receiving/communicating/placing in the medical record all clinical reports, including labs and letters. Supervises processes for receiving and documenting clinical telephone calls. Ensures timely support to help with any travel arrangements, CME's, teaching or residency program support needs, directorship logs, call schedules, and completion of credentialing paperwork as needed. Interprets, follows and executes SCPA policies and procedures. Ensures all policies are adhered to. Identifies, addresses and resolves patient complaints/problems in an appropriate, efficient and timely manner within scope of authority. Maintains strict employee and patient confidentiality. Remains involved with budgetary accountability for daily operational expenses and FTE salaries, wages and benefits. Understands the needs of the organization and as a liaison supports and facilitates the mission, values and management of SCPA. Assures the practices' strict adherence to JCAHO, OSHA and other regulatory guidelines. Performs other duties as assigned.
Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to handle fast-paced/stressful situations in a calm professional manner
- High level of self-initiative and attention to detail
- Ability to work well with a diverse population of patients, subordinates, superiors and co-workers.
- Ability to maintain high standards of professional ethics in dealing with confidential information
- Knowledge of all aspects of the managed care organizations
- Prior experience working with automated practice management systems preferred
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Exceptional customer service
- Strong organizational and process management skills
Training & Education:
Bachelor's Degree in management, finance or related field preferred with minimum of 3 years managerial experience in a medical practice setting. Knowledge and/or training in medical terminology, typing/keyboarding, computer skills preferred. Comprehensive knowledge of regulatory and compliance policies within an out-patient healthcare environment Coding experience preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years previous demonstrated work experience in the areas of scheduling, registration, professional patient billing, and/or medical insurance processing required.
- Should have at least 3 years of patient contact involving the resolution of patient/client issues.
- Minimum of 3 years managerial experience in a medical practice preferred.
- Prior experience working in an Academic setting is a plus
- Knowledge and experience working with managed care organizations and the credentialing process is desired.
All clerical and clinical support staff of the practice(s) assigned.
483-SCHC Pediatric - Philadelphia, PA
8 Hour Day
Shift begin time
Shift end time
- 3 years ago - save job