Assist Practice Development Manager ("PDM") in all aspects of management of Practice Group(s) through the provision of marketing, business development, knowledge management, lateral attorney integration, training and logistical support. Primarily assist with the support of the Private Equity Practice Group and the Securities & Public Companies Practice Group. Provide additional support as needed to other PDMs, PDSs or Director of Practice Development. Assist PDM, Practice Group Leader(s) and other attorneys and professional staff in the implementation of Practice Group strategic and business plans within the context of overall Firm strategy. Act as a liaison to administrative functions regarding group support needs. Contribute to the overall success of practice group performance.
1. Help facilitate monthly business development meetings including scheduling meetings, developing agendas, creating actions plans and follow-up.
2. Assist with development of internal associate training programs and work with Professional Development to handle logistics of same.
3. Assist with scheduling and coordination of group lunches and partner meetings as well as internal group social events.
4. Assist PDM with practice group business development initiatives, including client presentations, responses to RFPs, and pitches. Maintain system to track all practice group specific business development initiatives.
5. Assist PDM with developing rankings submissions and track submission information from year-to-year.
6. Assist PDM with basic research and data collection for one-off projects.
7. Assist PDM with reviewing monthly budget reports for tracking of expenses and proper classification.
8. Maintain updates to all appropriate practice group Infonet and other internal knowledge management pages (including posting of news, articles, case law, training materials or other relevant information).
9. Assist PDM with practice group client alerts, working with the marketing department and other practice groups as needed. Coordinate PG sign-off and selection of marketing mailing lists. Review results of client alert mailings. Maintain chart tracking client alerts sent and reaction to alerts.
10. Work with PDM on lateral partner on-boarding tasks including scheduling meetings, creating contact lists and schedules, coordinating with representatives from Operations, Finance, Marketing, Professional Development, Legal Services and CICC, and organizing the delivery of practice group and firm materials.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Project management and organizational skills.
• Ability to identify and solve problems, work independently, and take initiative.
• Ability to compile, review and determine logical conclusions or recommendations based on data and information which is varied in content and format.
• Strong oral communication skills.
• Strong writing skills.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively use technology, database, presentation, and spreadsheet software.
• Strong interpersonal skills to work effectively with people at all levels.
• Ability to establish credibility with Ropes & Gray attorneys and professional staff, to bring to bear the right mix of confidence, tact and persistence in working with the firm’s lawyers and professional staff.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
• An undergraduate degree.
• A background in business or equivalent experience is desirable.
Ropes & Gray - 9 months ago