Support Practice Development Manager (“PDM”) in all aspects of the management of the Health Care practice group (“Group”). Provide support on marketing, business development, knowledge management, associate training, lateral attorney hiring and integration and other strategic Group initiatives. Coordinate various projects required to implement the Group's priorities within the context of firm strategy. Coordinate attorneys, professional staff and various task force groups on strategic initiatives. Act as a liaison to administrative functions and departments regarding Group support needs. Contribute to the overall success of Group performance.
1. Work with PDM, PGLs, Group attorneys and other internal Firm resources on preparation and implementation of Group strategic plan, including targeted business development initiatives.
2. Manage certain day-to-day administration of the Group, including coordinating communications and information-sharing among the Group’s members and with other Practice Groups, staff departments and other Firm personnel.
3. Facilitate and coordinate the Group’s marketing and business development initiatives, including pitches, responses to RFPs, client presentations and webinars, and organization and planning of client events, industry conferences and sponsorships.
4. Support PDM in developing, managing, and updating Group data, including: Group infoNet site; case/deal information and partner and associate expertise needed for pitches, RFP responses, marketing materials, business development projects, and legal ranking submissions; practice-specific databases and knowledge management resources.
5. Working closely with Marketing Department, facilitate the Group’s marketing efforts, including the preparation of marketing collateral (e.g., brochures, bios, ads, website and practice overviews).
6. Assist PGLs and PDM with integration and development of lawyers within practice groups; organize and implement practice group specific training programs in conjunction with practice group’s Best Practices Committee; coordinate with Professional Development as needed.
7. Update practice group members on developments related to practice group initiatives. Facilitate sharing of practice group developments and information with appropriate professional services staff groups, including Marketing, Knowledge Management and Professional Development.
8. Coordinate various legal ranking submissions.
9. Assist in planning and execution of practice group lunches and partner meetings as well as internal social events.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
1. Working knowledge of law firm and practice operations.
2. Excellent project management and organizational skills with proven attention to detail.
3. Ability to identify and solve problems, work independently, and take initiative.
4. Ability to compile, review, and determine logical conclusions or recommendations based on data and information which is varied in content and format.
5. Excellent oral communication and business writing skills.
6. Demonstrated ability to effectively use technology, database, presentation, and spreadsheet software applications.
7. Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work effectively with people at all levels
8. Establish credibility with Ropes & Gray partners to bring to bear the right mix of confidence, tact and persistence in working with the firm’s lawyers.
9. Demonstrated ability to maintain strict confidentiality of the Firm’s internal and personnel affairs.
10. Ability to work with professional staff in a multi-office environment.
11. Ability to travel and attend Group-sponsored client events and/or seminars.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
• An undergraduate degree, plus a minimum of three years of relevant experience in a large law firm or corporate environment; understanding of the health care industry a plus.
• A background in business or equivalent experience is desirable.
Ropes & Gray - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard