Posting Title Practice Manager (PSO) Cloud - East About Us VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable our more than 500,000 enterprise and SMB customers to thrive in the Cloud Era by simplifying, automating and transforming the way they build, deliver and consume IT. As a team, our employees thrive on forward momentum. We are an engine of opportunity fueled by the transformative products and solutions we bring to market, the passion and trust we inspire in our customers, and our collaborative drive to architect what’s next for the future of IT. With 13,000+ employees and 50+ locations worldwide, we are a passionate, innovative and driven group inspired to make a difference in the industry and our communities. Connect with us at www.vmware.com/careers. Job Description Practice Manager, Cloud Practice – Americas Role
The Practice Manager will report directly to the Cloud Practice Director, Professional Services - Americas. He/she will have full and immediate responsibility for the designated geography within the Cloud Practice including management and growth of the services business and subsequently the organization. The Cloud practice manager will be closely aligned with our services sales team in the respected geography and cloud infrastructure platform Center of Excellence to develop, sell and deliver cloud solutions to our customers and partners alike. The Practice Manager will set clear objectives for personnel, develop an innovative practice providing thought leadership in the industry, as well as, operationalize the “go-to-market” strategies and programs that will drive growth in market share and revenue. You will ensure successful engagements, maintain high customer satisfaction, and drive adherence to key operational and financial metrics.
- Participate in Cloud Services Strategy and GTM planning.
- Business management (revenue and margin), personnel management (hiring, development, utilization), services offering, and customer satisfaction of the specific territory.
- Adhere to and support fiscal responsibility for the cloud practice organization; balancing both client and VMware objectives.
- Recruit, manage, mentor, and professionally develop a practice of best in class technical delivery consultants
- Define enablement plans for the Cloud Infrastructure domain by consulting role. Work with the Cloud Practice Management team to collaborate with the Global and Americas enablement teams to execute on these training plans. This includes on-boarding of new consultants and continued enablement (soft and technical skills) to drive delivery excellence
- Participate in the pre-sales process with services sales, Engagement Project Managers, and consulting architects to understand customer business and technical objectives and product requirements, in order to build client relationships, scope opportunities, and deliver effective solutions
- Review and approve project proposals (scope, level of effort estimates, and schedules) and SOWs prior to presentation to VMW team and customer
- Maintain and project a solid understanding of all VMware product lines and corporate messaging
- Provide support and guidance to consultants on technical, delivery, and operational issues and help them work through obstacles to their success
- Ensure productivity and success of consultants and balance out near-term delivery requirements against long-term practice development (IP capture) goals
- Review customer deliverables prior to delivery to ensure quality of deliverables are consistent with PS best practices and address customer issues , provide recommendations and are aligned with account strategy
- Provide management oversight and escalation path to customer relationships and team oversight while team members are delivering VMware services projects
- Ensure that your delivery consultants spend time documenting methodologies and best practices on deploying VMware based Cloud solutions in order to further innovate our solutions, as well as, enable the VMware team and consulting partners
- Solicits thought leadership from the team and demonstrate steadfast and sound decision ability in addressing problems with business solutions Take a leadership role in building and managing a best in class virtualization and Cloud solutions
- Establish a repeatable cadence in partnering with VMware Product Marketing, Product Management, and Engineering to feed back field input to the product development lifecycle.
Requisition Number 40643BR
- 10+ years of relevant IT industry experience (compute, networking, storage)
- 3+ years experience in customer-facing positions as a professional services project manager, consultant or engineer, preferably with a software company consulting organization or “Big 5” firm.
- Proven track record of planning and managing large, multi-person billable programs for external customers
- Strong organizational and management skills with an ability to manage competing demands
- Experience with modern software development methodologies, with emphasis on software and hardware architecture, and infrastructure design and development
- Experience in infrastructure architecture and design of complex distributed systems environments a big plus
- Experience in a fast-paced, startup (or startup-like) environment and experience building teams a big plus
- Proven ability to interact and communicate with CxO-level personnel and navigate customer organizations to ensure successful project delivery and acceptance
- Understanding of, and experience with, Virtualization and VMware products
- Understanding of Cloud Computing principles, features, and benefits for Service Providers, Enterprise, Small, and Medium-size business customers.
- Familiarity with systems management concepts, processes and standards (e.g. SNMP); capacity/performance management and tuning; and storage and network management
- Understanding of modern IT production data center and Internet (ISP/ASP) hosting operations
- Excellent management, communications and interpersonal skills
- Location: continental US
- Ability to travel 30% within the Americas including occasional international travel
- B.S./B.A./M.S./MBA degree Location Atlanta, GA, US
VMware - 8 months ago