A Business Technologies –Practice Manager advises and partners with clients on solving their business problems by leveraging Wipro’s offerings and capabilities around various eBusiness technologies. Practice Manager’s work closely with the Sales teams of Financial Services Vertical (Banking, Insurance & Securities - Capital Markets) and BTS Delivery team to manage pre-sales efforts and engagements in the region/accounts assigned.
BTS eBusiness covers the following technology spectrum (but not limited to) -
- Enterprise Integration: Solutions to achieve B2B and Application Integration leveraging traditional EAI, modern SOA based ESB. Technology stacks covered include a wide variety of products from IBM WebSphere Middleware, Oracle Fusion, TIBCO, WebMethods, Microsoft and Open Source solutions.
- Advanced Middleware & Architectures: Solutions to achieve low latency messaging, distributed caching, complex events processing and cloud based platform-as-a-service models.
- Collaboration: Solutions to enable Multi-Channel Customer Experience, Rich User Experience, Web 2.0 & Social Computing Applications. Technologies covered under this are – Portal Platforms such as WebSphere Portal, Oracle(BEA) Portal, Liferay, Microsoft Sharepoint, Web Content Management solutions such as Interwoven, Fatwire, Vignette, RIA technologies such as AJAX and Adobe Flex.
- Enterprise content management: Paperless Office solutions involving Imaging, Scanning and Enterprise Document Management solutions. Technologies covered under this are – Captiva, Kofax, Documentum, FileNet and Alfresco.
- Business process management: Solutions to achieve process efficiencies by leveraging BPM technologies such as Pega, Lombardi, Savvion etc., These entail complete lifecycle of process management starting from process digitization, process modeling, analysis, simulation, optimization, implementation and activity monitoring. (Collaboration or Enterprise Integration)
- Legacy Modernization: Solutions to modernize legacy applications such as Mainframe based applications or client-server applications. Moving applications to the cloud based stacks would also be covered under Modernization.
- Vertically and horizontally aligned solutions – Payments platform modernization, Mainframe modernization, Digital marketing, Hosted content management, etc.,
Responsibilities and Activities:
Qualifications and Expectations
- Collaborate closely with the Global teams to develop proposals, presentations, statement of work (SOW) and proactively recommend strategies to grow BTS presence in existing accounts
- Work with Account/Sales teams to manage the pre-sales process with clients and provide the leadership throughout the opportunity lifecycle from initial qualification to closure of the deal.
- Provide thought leadership & IT transformation recommendations in various technology areas.
- Work with India/Global based practice teams on RFPs/Events/Go-to-Market (GTM) on solutions
- Own service-line account plans and targets for named accounts in a specific industry segment and region including forecasting revenue and order book, maintaining and growing pipeline funnel
- Provide technical & architecture guidance, for various technology areas in the BTS spectrum.
- Work with the identified key alliance partners and software vendors to jointly develop GTM plans
- Should be able to execute short term strategic consulting projects, assessments, POC/pilots, map solutions to client business processes, and develop value proposition and business case.
- Location and Travel : Positions in throughout the US (50-75% Travel)
- Total Work Experience : 10 – 15 Years, 5+ years in Program Mgt or Consulting preferred
- Sales Experience : 5 + Years, should have managed $15-20M revenue targets
- Technology Experience : 10+ Yrs, with a specialization in any ONE stream of BTS e-Business (SOA, BPM, Legacy Modernization, Portals, ECM ) and a sound conceptual understanding of the other streams.
- Industry Focus : 5+ years of deep experience in building solutions in ONE domain - either Insurance or Banking & Financial Services or Securities & Capital Markets.
- Education : Masters or MBA preferred
- Other Skills Required : Excellent communication, Team player, Flexible, Result Oriented
- Alignment to Role : Should have worked in a fast-paced growth and matrix environment, experience working in a Global Delivery Model with a major IT Services of Software Organization preferred. Experience with working with complex or transformation projects preferred. Should have interacted significantly with CxO, CxO – 1 in business and IT, for Fortune 500 organizations.
i360 - 17 months ago