About Banner Medical Group
At Banner Medical Group, you’ll have the opportunity to perform a critical role in the community where you practice. The Banner Medical Group provides both primary and specialty care throughout the seven states in which Banner Health operates. We do this in a variety of settings – from smaller group practices like our Banner Health Clinics in Loveland, Colo. and Torrington, Wyo., to large multi-specialty Banner Health Centers in the metropolitan Phoenix area. We currently have more than 550 physicians in our group and are seeking others to enhance our ability to deliver our nonprofit mission of providing excellent patient care.
About Banner Health
Banner Health was selected as one of the Top Leadership Teams in Healthcare by Health Leaders Media, is one of the Top 100 Integrated Healthcare Networks in the nation according to SDI, and voted as one of the “ Best Places to Work ” in the Phoenix metro area by the Phoenix Business Journal. We encouraged you to read more information about Banner Health. We recommend the following options:
- Why Banner Health?
- Banner Health Benefits
- Banner Health Careers
This position supervises the day to day operations of non physician staff to provide effective and efficient operations.
- Supervises the day to day activities of non physician staff, ensuring a high level of productivity. Continuously monitors the functioning of the medical group and revises operational procedures as necessary.
- Oversee all functions of the medical group including reception and scheduling activities, patient service areas, accounting, medical records, transcription, business information systems, and appropriate clinical areas. Implements effective policies and procedures for each area, updating as necessary.
- Selects, trains, coaches, motivates, conducts performance evaluations, and directs the workflow of staff. Schedules non physician staff ensuring that staff is appropriately deployed among offices.
- Functions as a liaison between non physician staff and physicians to ensure effective service for patients.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with group physicians.
- Oversees the day to day processing of accounts payable by preparing payment requests, obtaining proper authorization and ensuring that payments are made on a timely basis.
- Determines physical maintenance and equipment needs and repairs and coordinates internal or external resources. Resolves problems relating to the facility on a day-to-day basis.
- Participates in budget decisions and has accountability for managing use of resources.
Must possess knowledge of health care, business or other related field as normally obtained through the completion of a bachelor’s degree in business or healthcare. Must possess knowledge and understanding of physician billing, accounting and general medical office procedures as normally demonstrated through a minimum of two years experience in supervising a health care facility. Requires strong communication, decision making, organizational and interpersonal skills. Requires knowledge of budget processes and decisions. Must have the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with physicians and non physician employees. Requires basic knowledge of medical procedures normally associated with experience in a clinic setting.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Banner Health - 11 months ago