"Where Creating the Best Hope for a Healthier Future Begins"
The School of Biomedical Informatics (SBMI) is seeking a Practicum Coordinator who will assist with developing and managing the Masters in Health Informatics student practicums. These practicums encompass the critical academic transition when graduate students apply the analytical and technical skills they have learned in the classroom to develop and conduct their own informatics related research projects under the supervision of an experienced professional with the guidance of an SBMI faculty member.T
Additional Summary Specific to Job
POSITION KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Coordinates the administrative infrastructure to support practicum requirements.
- Develops and maintains a comprehensive practicum guide for students and for practicum site supervisors.
- Works with SBMI faculty to identify potential practicum topics and sites and works with students to identify interests and potential practicum sites.
- Ensures that all administrative practicum requirements, to include affiliation agreements, student health and other documentation are in place prior to the student beginning the Practicum.
- Travels to secondary schools, colleges, college day programs, recruiting fairs, potential practicum sites and other events to meet with prospective students, parents, school administrators, and practicum site supervisors to provide information about UTHealth.
Bachelor's degree in a health-related field with three (3) years of related experience in an academic setting.
*Excellent organizational skills
*Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
*Familiarity with Excel, PowerPoint and other Microsoft Office Suite applications and internet resources.
UT Health Science Center at Houston - 12 months ago
Located in the prestigious Texas Medical Center, UTHealth is the most comprehensive academic health science institution in the Southwestern...