The Journey Begins with you.
There's quite a distance between wondering and knowing. And for patients waiting for answers to important health questions, it's a road they want to travel as quickly as possible.
At Quest Diagnostics Incorporated, we understand urgency. But more than speed, we focus our energies on accuracy. Currently, we seek a Night Shift Pre-Analytical Assistant to work in our Technical Operation Department located in Pittsburgh, PA.
The schedule for this position is listed below:
9PM - 5:30AM or until finish, Monday - Friday, with rotating Saturdays.
Overtime is required.
Pre-Analytical Assistant I is responsible for general support functions within the Technical Operations Department.
º Minimal data entry skills
º Good organizational skills
º Understanding of specimen types related to test(s) ordered.
º Clinical department requirements with regard to specimen types and quantity needed for each test, specimen handling and delivery.
º Understanding of compliance regulations related to test ordering which may change on a daily basis
º Flexibility and a willingness to adapt to change and pursuit of continuous improvement
º Commitment to fulfilling internal and external customer requirements in the course of carrying out routine position responsibilities
º Willingness to actively contribute to a team based working environment
º Ability and willingness to support the goals of the department with regard to staffing needs on weekends, holidays, on call and overtime
º Tasks and responsibilities must be performed with confidence, accuracy and in a timely manner
º Performance task proficiency includes but is not limited to the following manual functions:
- pickup and delivery of specimens to the laboratory
- specimen storage [this position might also be trained to run the sorters in archive mode]
- centrifugation- aliquoting
1. Demonstrates an ability to learn the job duties assigned to the Pre-Analytical Assistant I, and develops an understanding of how all the functions in Tech Ops and Specimen Processing work together and how they impact Technical departments and result quality.
2. Identifies problems with specimen types, missing information etc., with regard to sorting, racking, centrifuging, delivery, and storage of specimens; is able to resolve or forward information in support of timely problem resolution.
3. Demonstrates an understanding of compliance policies related to test ordering, which requires developing ability to research test order information on translation tables, computer system, and the directory of services. '
4. Meets quality and production standards within 6 months of completing training.
5. Completes all required written documentation such that it is understandable to others, legible and within the assigned time frame.
6. Reports to work on time, and follows attendance guidelines; supports the department's performance in the event of coworker absences.
7. Learns additional functions within Tech Ops and Specimen Processing to allow timely progression to the next level.
8. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Handles multiple tasks simultaneously and works in a production environment.
2. Communicates effectively with all levels of staff both verbally and written.
3. Maintains composure while working under pressure.
4. Reflects good judgment at all times when determining what action to take in resolving problems.
5. Adheres to Quest Diagnostics' Core Values, safety, compliance and work process policies and procedures.
6. Works in a biohazard environment, in compliance with all applicable safety requirements.
7. Keeps work area neat and clean; complies with 5S workplace standards.
8. Able to sit, stand or walk for long periods; able to lift up to 50 lbs.; maneuver large carts and/or racks with specimens.
9. Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills that foster a positive working environment.
10. Demonstrates work assignment flexibility and ability to adapt to change.
11. Must have some flexibility with regard to work schedule.
Incumbent should possess the knowledge, skills and experience usually obtained by:
1. High School Diploma or GED.
2. Medical background preferred which includes medical terminology applicable to a clinical laboratory.
3. Previous experience in a production environment preferred.
4. Prefer familiarity with mainframe computer operating system.
[All requirements are subject to possible modifications to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. ]
How To Apply
Please Log In or Register to Upload a Resume and complete the online Application. Because of the large number of applicants to job openings, Quest Diagnostics will only contact candidates to be interviewed
Quest Diagnostics has many career opportunities for individuals whose talent, initiative and dedication will complement our belief that the patient comes first and that values do matter. We work to earn our customers’ trust every day by providing the highest quality products and services in a professional, accessible and informative way. Our workforce is diverse and talented and believes in our vision: "Dedicated people improving the health of patients through unsurpassed diagnostic insights."
[All requirements are subject to possible modifications to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.]
Quest Diagnostics is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO).
Quest Diagnostics - 19 months ago
Quest Diagnostics is testing its ability to be the world's leading clinical lab. The company performs diagnostics on some 146 million...