From coast to coast, Rural/Metro employees are tied together by their overwhelming desire to help others. Every day and every call for our team of highly-trained professionals is different than the one before.
At Rural/Metro, we celebrate the successes of our team members, and doing the right thing for those we serve.
Rural/Metro is a leader in private ambulance and fire protection services in 21 states and more than 700 communities nationwide. Rural/Metro has provided high-quality patient care, met and exceeded the expectations of the communities we serve, and invested in the success of our employees since 1948.
Job Summary: Reporting to the Patient Accounts Supervisor and Lead, individual will be responsible for the assistance in the areas of check-in, registration of patients, scanning and invoicing of all Patient Care Records
Essential Functions: Administration/Quality Assurance
• Receipt and processing of Patient Care Reports (PCR's)
• Review of PCR's to compile data • Skip traces patients to determine correct demographic information
• Creates incident batches if the information does not cross over from the Computer Assisted Dispatch (CAD) system and validates incident batches
• Pre-bill PCR's by verifying insurance information via on line eligibility tools or contacting payors, patients, hospitals etc...
• Create invoices; determine medical necessity, review to see if appropriate signature requirements are met, identify the responsible party and payer
• Codes invoices to describe the customer’s condition at the time of transport while applying appropriate HCPC codes to invoice
• Assist customer service in an efficient and helpful manner
• Post transactions to software system or computer files
• File or retrieve reports and records as needed
• Builds customer records or locates appropriate existing customer records and updates, if applicable
• Determines whether a Physician Certificate Statement (PCS) is needed and received, if applicable
• Respond to requests for information
• Make decisions and take appropriate actions based on sound reasoning and judgment.
• Contribute ideas; strive to enhance team effectiveness and support decisions made by the team.
• Plan and perform work systematically and efficiently.
• Carry out instructions, maintain a positive attitude, and support company policies/procedures.
• Punctuality and availability for workload.
• Comply with HIPAA guidelines
• Attend and maintain all required R/M training Customer Service
• The ability to provide service and quality communications exhibiting a professional attitude at all times. Compliance
• Complies and enforces all policies and procedures.
• Ensures and inspects paperwork for accuracy and compliance.
• Responsible for escalating concerns regarding questionable paperwork to appropriate management.
• Has successfully completed all required Compliance Training within the required time period.
• Has had no compliance related corrective action during the current review period. Additional Duties:
• All other duties as assigned or administered
• Ability to read, write and speak English in an easily understood manner.
• Ability to type 40-50 wpm
• Strong medical terminology background, CPT, ICDP coding
• Knowledge of HCFA 1500 forms and Medicare guidelines are essential for completion of the data entry process. Education Requirements:
• High school diploma or GED Physical Requirements:
• This position can require long periods of sitting at a computer workstation. Must be able to lift up to 20 pounds when needed and move object/materials to locations that might be up to 20 feet away. Equipment Operated:
• General Office Equipment Working Conditions:
• The work to be performed will be done in an office environment.
Physical Requirements: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, couch, or crawl; and talk or hear. Occasionally: Walking inside and outside, pushing, pulling, may lift and carry no more than 50 pounds. Frequently: Lifting and carrying no more than 10 pounds, typing 40 wpm, stooping, bending. Constantly: Hearing/listening, clear speech, touching, seeing, and typing. Cognitive/Psychosocial/Mental Requirements: Occasionally: Analyzing, judgment. Frequently: Memorization, perception/computation, problem solving, simple and complex math skills, reasoning. Constantly: Simple reading and writing, clerical, decision-making. Stress Factors: Frequently: Repetitive tasks, high pressure. Occasionally: Fatigue, intense tasks Equipment Operated: Occasionally: Multi-media equipment for training purposes, voice recorder tape system Frequently: Use Company and/or personal owned vehicle for business purpose Constantly: Telephone, computer, mouse, keypad, calculator, copy machine, stapler, 3-hole punch, postage machine, fax, scanner, cell phone and/or blackberry, laminating machine, and printer Working Conditions: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Occasionally: Outside Frequently: Works around others, works alone, face-to face and verbal contact with others, inside, noise, extended day. Constantly: Works with others, face-to-face and verbal contact with others. Closing Statement: This brief summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also be assigned by the incumbent’s supervisor at any time based upon Company need. Rural/Metro is a proud Equal Opportunity employer, m/f/d/v.
Rural/Metro Corporation - 20 months ago