The instructor position exists as a requirement for the administration of the Educational Talent Search grant at Sinclair Community College. The approved grant proposal stipulates that the program will provide instruction during the academic year and summer components for program students who are high school students at Belmont High School.
**This is a grant-funded position subject to the funds associated with the grant.
- Provide customer service and/or student advocacy as demonstrated through a positive attitude of approachability, adaptability, strong problem solving, and desire to identify and support student success.
- Engage in behaviors that encourage student learning.
- Provide academic instruction in the classroom and laboratory setting.
- Provide creativity in learning both in and out of the traditional classroom setting.
- Explain and clarify classroom, high school credits, and textbook information.
- Assist students in developing good study skills and habits.
- Provide information about academic and study aids.
- Conduct workshops to assist with students in decision making, on educational, career, and personal goals.
- Consult with high school instructors and college faculty if required.
- Interpret rules, definitions, methods and usage, etc.
- Conduct orientation/information sessions to students, parents, and teacher about Educational Talent Search.
- Attend staff meetings and orientations as scheduled and assigned by Project Director.
- Instructor also: Recruit, identify and select students for the program. Facilitate process review and update meetings with target school personnel.
**Sinclair Community College performs pre-employment background checks.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in education or related field required
- Teaching Certification and/or Licensure preferred
- Minimum of 2 years work experience with pre-college populations(disadvantaged/underprepared students)