The Pre-Construction Manager (PCM) is singularly responsible for identifying and qualifying potential contractors, managing the entire contractor RFQ process with clearly defined scopes of work, jobsite requirements and all other items necessary to obtain market price quotations and award a contract.
The PCM shall be responsible for sourcing and managing a large volume of contract installation services for Swisslog’s pneumatic tube systems in healthcare facilities. The PCM will be responsible for developing RFP’s, sourcing and selecting vendors, and managing the installation process to support the sales funnel and order fulfillment needs. RFP’s are successfully managed through skillful proposal/contract/spec review, contract drawing review, site surveys, system design, RFI responses, customer relation skills, and the ability to build a qualified vendor network that is responsive in a competitive environment. The PCM is also responsible for assisting the Project Manager, as required, in project management duties necessary to support the on-going operations.
The PCM makes decisions daily which affect thousands of dollars’ worth of potential project related profit or loss. The successful individual in this position is an effective task manager, coordinator, negotiator, listener, and communicator. The PCM’s review and approval authority revolves mainly around the system design and scope clarifications as they relate to the RFP process and vendor selection recommendations.
HIGHLY PREFERRED EXPERIENCE:
- B achelor’s degree in Construction Management, Engineering, Purchasing, Supply Chain Management, or Business.
- Minimum 5 years commercial experience in Procurement of Construction Services, Field Construction Management or Construction General Contracting.
- Strong knowledge of the hospital construction or service industry with an aptitude for three-dimensional visualization and systems design in buildings.
- Expert in negotiations skills, financial analysis, communications, strategic thinking, relationship building, and management skills.
- Experience dealing with subcontracts, subcontractors and/or self-perform work.
- Strong communication skills with ability to communicate to varied audiences.
- Knowledge of AutoCAD 2D .
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Excel and Word) .
- In-depth knowledge of construction principles/practices required.
Hospital Construction OSHPD Submittal Process
Swisslog offers challenging work in a globally networked environment as well as competitive base salary, comprehensive benefits including health/dental and 401K! United efforts of our employees represent the basis for developing and delivering the best solutions for our customers.
- Experience managing preconstruction for large scale healthcare projects with emphasis on highly complex projects.
- Experience in developing strategic sourcing plans for construction services .
- Knowledge of pneumatic tube system design a plus .
Take your career to where you want it to go!
OUR SOLUTIONS DELIVER RESULTS. OUR EMPLOYEES DELIVER SOLUTIONS.
Swisslog is an Equal Opportunity Employer.