TITLE: Grade K & 1 Instructional Assistant
1.Minimum of 60 semester hours of college credit or passed ParaPro Test.
2.Be eligible for teacher assistant certificate.
REPORTS TO: Building Administrator
JOB GOAL: To assist the teacher and work directly with students in order to increase student learning and to provide student supervision during student lunch period.
(The following are the essential fundamentals to include but not limited to the following job duties.)
Assists all students in their assigned daily academics as instructed by teachers.
Assists in grading work and assigning students individual academic work.
Helps maintain individual records for each student.
Distributes and collects workbooks, papers, and other materials for instruction.
Supervises students during lunch period
Alerts the teacher to special needs of individual students.
Provides escorts and assistance to students as necessary.
Implements changes as needed to meet the individual needs of students.
Takes responsibility for student safety education and accident prevention.
Reports all unsafe conditions to the school principal promptly.
Reports all accidents or injuries to the principal as soon as possible.
Supervises and intervenes to regulate student behavior so as to alleviate the risk that inappropriate behaviors will place students or staff at risk of harm.
Performs other job related duties as assigned.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Wages, hours, terms, and conditions of employment pursuant to negotiated agreement.
Performance in the position will be evaluated once every two years in accordance with District's plan for evaluation.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, and see.
- The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, sit; use hands to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
- Specific vision requirements include the ability to see at close range.
- Fine hand manipulation (keyboarding).
- Transportation time spent commuting between sites for meetings, trainings, in-services and home visits.
- The employee may be required to work at multiple district locations if necessary.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate, instruct, compare, analyze, coordinate, synthesize, evaluate, compute, copy, compile, use interpersonal skills, negotiate and maintain emotional control under stress.
- Internal office space and classroom.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to high.
The foregoing statements describe the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills that may be required.
Decatur Public Schools is an equal employment opportunity employer with an affirmative action plan.
Decatur Public Schools - 10 months ago