The Pre-Law Center is a part of the University of Connecticut's Enrichment Programs unit and offers education and services to all UConn students and alumni interested in legal careers as they establish and achieve professional school admission and career goals.
Under the general direction of a designated supervisor, the Pre-Law Advisor advises undergraduate students and alumni interested in attending law school from the beginning exploration of their options through the law school admission process. The Advisor will be responsible for: advising students in developing academic plans; advising students and alumni through the law school application process; providing outreach to prospective students and disseminating information to the UConn community; overseeing and coordinating the Special Program in Law; and other closely related duties. For a complete list of duties and responsibilities, please see the full job description: http://honors.uconn.edu/pre-law-advisor/.
1. Master's degree in relevant field;
2. 3 - 5 years experience in advising undergraduate students or in the legal profession;
3. Ability to travel in a professional capacity;
4. Ability to host and participate in programming and events on evenings and weekends;
5. Experience working with diverse constituencies.
1. JD strongly preferred;
2. Experience in legal education or practice;
3. Demonstrated understanding of law school admissions landscape;
4. Excellent written and oral communication, interpersonal, and counseling skills;
5. Knowledge of pre-law student population;
6. Excellent organizational skills, including the ability to prioritize responsibilities and meet deadlines;
7. Demonstrated experience with databases, web applications and electronic communications.
This is a full-time 12-month position.
For full consideration upload a letter of application, a, resume and a list of 3 professional references with contact information via Husky Hire. Include search number 2013553 on all correspondence. Screening of applications will begin immediately. The University of Connecticut is an EEO/AA employer.
This job posting is scheduled to be removed at 11:59 PM eastern on 5/17/2013.
University of Connecticut - 15 months ago