The Pre-Sale Specialist is responsible for supporting the field sales organization in developing and delivering timely and accurate new business financial quotes, as well as related proposal materials as required.
The Presale Specialist, reporting to the Manager – Regional Service (RSM), will be responsible for follow-up activity related to such quotes/proposals. The incumbent will be measured and evaluated based upon quote productivity metrics, accuracy indicators and RSL process, systems and functional job knowledge and development.
Duties and Responsibilities :
Pre-Sale Quoting Functions may include (but are not limited to):
- Perform tasks related to all aspects of pre-sale, new business quoting and follow-up.
- Provide back-up coverage for other sales support individuals within the Regional Sales Office when need arises due to extended absences, turnover, workloads, etc., as well as provides Regional workflow back-up coverage as needed.
- Develop and maintain proficiency regarding required RSL products, systems and processes related to the effective delivery of new business proposals.
- Develop and maintain cooperative partnerships with Administrative Office Departments and work closely to ensure effective communications with Regional Sales staff and brokers and home (administrative) office counterparts.
- Participate in periodic field testing as required by IS projects to ensure data integrity and system effectiveness.
- Meet/exceed all required productivity and quality standards as defined by management.
General Office Duties may include (but are not limited to):
- New RFP Set-up and Tracking
- Set up RFP file
- Prepare Ratings on PACS
- Generate Proposals and forward to brokers
- Process "Decline to Quotes" (DTQ's)
- Process "Clear to Quotes" (CTQ's) requests from other Regional Sales Offices
- Prepare VG brochures and applications
- Prepare enrollment kits for voluntary meetings
- Follow-up calls to brokers and or field sales representatives to ensure timely and appropriate quote delivery
Education, Qualifications and Experience :
- Answer Incoming Telephone Calls on Common Line
- Process incoming and outgoing mail
- Change back-up tapes in server
- Order office supplies
- Perform office filing
- As necessary, assist in coordinating large copy/print jobs
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Minimum 3 years experience in a fast-paced, high volume and deadline-oriented environment (ideally in a group employee benefits Regional Sales Office, brokerage, etc.)
- Experience and proficiency in the areas of administration, data processing and general clerical support.
- Knowledge of core MS Office applications (Word, Excel)
- A deadline/results orientation and extraordinary attention to detail
Employers of all sizes can rely on Reliance Standard for insurance and other benefits products. Reliance Standard Life Insurance, a...