It is expected that 70-80% of the Pre-Sales Technical Consultant’s time will be spent on the road visiting customers / Systems Integrators / resellers (around your primary geography, but will also be expected to travel to various parts of the US) from both a technical pre-sales angle and also from a sales perspective.
A site visit is not always necessary, where this is the case, telephone/web based consultancy (also known as the ‘TeleDemo’ or webinars) will be applicable and this assumes that the Pre-Sales Technical Consultant has the facilities (separate office) within his home from which he/she can work.
Systems Integrator Support
End User Support
- The candidate will be spending time with the Major Accounts Manager in order to cultivate the relationships with the key Systems Integrators that AppSense are working with.
- Direct visits to present our company and solutions.
- Webinar – where direct visits are not necessary, web based consultancy is applicable.
The aim of the Pre-Sales Technical Consultant role is to ensure that sales opportunities are maximized.
Pre Sales role involve wearing a number of technical hats in order to support the AppSense Sales team, including but not limited to:
- Accompany sales staff on customer and partner meetings to articulate the value of the AppSense UV Solution to customer needs.
- Support customers during the POC prior to purchasing software.
- Become a trusted advisor to customers and partners to support their technical requirements.
- Contribute to AppSense revenue via supporting license sales and APS consulting.
- Contribute to AppSense technical knowledge.
- Contribute to all forms of alpha, beta and RC testing for AppSense software.
- Encouraged to keep up to date on relevant and competitive technologies.
- Proactive in managing own time and calendar.
- Proactive in updating their own technical knowledge.
- Building, supporting and developing your own demo environment with all current versions of AppSense Products, in order to demo for customers and partners.
Experience - Knowledge Required & Qualifications:
Minimum 5-6 years’ experience in one of the following or all:
- Windows Desktop environment 2 nd / 3 rd / architect level support for environments 2000+ users.
- Citrix XA environment or VDI environment for 500+ users.
- Consulting experience in Windows desktop migrations, Citrix XA or VDI.
- Deep technical Experience with Windows Active Directory and GPOs.
- Deep technical Knowledge of Windows User Profiles (registry and file system).
Currentlysearching for a New York based Solutions Specialist and DC based Solutions Specialist.
- Experience with AppSense software or similar UV solutions.
- Experience with Application Virtualization technologies.
- Experience with hypervisor technologies.
- Knowledge of SQL, IIS and enterprise HA / DR.
- Pre Sales experience.