Pre-Service Entry Level Police officers shall serve as non-sworn civilian employee until such time as he/she successfully graduates from the Police Academy and is sworn in as a Police Officer. These pre-service employees shall receive similar benefits as a sworn police officer with the exception of retirement and workers' compensation benefits.
The Police Department has an Equal Employment Opportunity Plan (EEOP). Applicants may obtain a copy of the BHPD's EEOP Short Form from the Personnel and Training Bureau Office, Police Department.
•Performs duties to protect life and property.
•Maintains law and order and responds to emergency calls.
•May patrol the City enforcing the criminal and traffic laws of the City, State and Nation.
•May perform investigations or training duties.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- A.A. Degree or completion of at least 45 degree units at the time of testing and the commitment to complete an A.A. Degree or 60 units during the probationary period. The A. A. degree or 60 units requirement must be met before permanent status may be attained. The probationary period will not be extended to provide additional time to meet this qualification.
- At the first step of the background investigation and prior to the release of the background investigation packet, you will be required to submit proof that you meet the minimum education requirement in the form of an A.A./B.A./B.S./ diploma, transcript, letter from the registrar or other document approved by the Human Resources Department.
- Minimum 20.5 years of age by written examination date.
- Must be a United States citizen.
- At time of appointment, a valid California Driver's License is required.
City of Beverly Hills, CA - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard