Papyrus-Recycled Greetings, Inc. is recruiting for a Pre-press Proofer to join the Creative team in our Fairfield, California office. THIS IS NOT A DESIGN JOB.
The Pre-press Proofer ensures digital files and design-specific information conform to established Creative and Manufacturing standards. Specifically, inspects digital and printed file composition against product specs, printing and production standards before release to the digital asset management system and supply chain.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Ensure digital files are accurate and complete by utilizing knowledge of printing and finishing operations (hot stamp, emboss, silk screen, die-cut) and delivered to the supply chain on time. Also, ensure all information adheres to established Creative and Manufacturing standards.
• Support card and non-card products. Provide product-specific information and follow up support to downstream operations.
• Support new product development by providing technical advice and process recommendations.
• Maintain quality and productivity metrics.
• Address and resolve recurring quality issues by collaborating with Creative associates and Manager.
• Participate in interdepartmental cross-training initiatives and support other departments as needed within the Creative Department.
• Participate in meetings to address questions / concerns pertaining to the release requirements of production files and design information.
• Manage and update digital asset libraries.
• Produce and deliver digital files as needed, supporting carryover, special projects, and international sales initiatives.
Required Length & Type of Experience:
• Production experience in pre-press, creative and/or knowledge of AG/Papyrus’ manufacturing operations
• Extensive knowledge of Macintosh computers and software, including Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat; Experience with InDesign or Quark Xpress favorable
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Troubleshooting and problem solving skills combined with excellent communication, collaboration and negotiation skills are essential.
• The successful candidate must demonstrate a cooperative, team-oriented work ethic and a passion for continuous improvement.
• Ability to complete multiple projects during peak production periods without affecting quality or on time delivery.
• Ability to function independently and in a high demand work environment.
• Ability to travel domestically for up to 1 week at a time.
• Associates Degree / Bachelor’s Degree preferred, or three years print production / pre-press proofing experience
American Greetings - 8 months ago
American Greetings has been building its sturdy house of cards for more than a century. The #2 US maker of greeting cards (behind Hallmark),...