We have an opening in our St. Louis, Missouri location for a Premium Auditor. The Premium Auditor develops accurate and complete audits by examining policyholder's payroll records and operations. Prepares and submits audits according to company procedures. Submits reports as prescribed. Maintains a high level of communication with other appropriate departments of any conditions or changes in operations or finances discovered during the audit which could adversely impact the company.
- Develops accurate and complete audits by examining policyholder's payroll records and operations. Records and summarizes proper payroll and classifications to be used for determination of premium.
- Arranges work in a logical, geographical pattern to reduce travel time and maximize time available for audits.
- Makes appointments according to work schedule and company requirements.
- Prepares and submits audits according to company procedures on a timely basis.
- Submits activity reports, expense accounts and any other reports as prescribed.
- Maintains a high level of communication with other appropriate departments of any conditions or changes in operations or finances discovered during the audit which could adversely impact the company.
- Reviews all communications, bulletins and manual changes in order to maintain a current level of expertise needed to assure a professional audit.
- Must be willing to work outside of assigned territory and accept assignments requiring overnight travel.
- Undertakes special projects and assignments as required by Premium Audit Manager.
- Maintains acceptable personal appearance and professional demeanor
- Performs other job related duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or three to four years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Premium Audit experience preferred.
- Significant travel required.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to define problems collects data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
COMPREHENSIVE BENEFITS PACKAGE:
- Disability and AD&D
- Retirement & Savings Plan with 100% employer match up to 5% of salary
- Education Assistance Reimbursement
- Paid Vacation and Holidays
The Berkshire Hathaway Homestate Companies (BHHC) is a group of six insurance companies that are part of the Berkshire Hathaway Insurance Group, headquartered in Omaha, Nebraska. Our Workers Compensation Division provides premier workers compensation insurance coverage to employers across the country, with offices in San Francisco, San Diego, Pasadena, Omaha, St. Louis, Atlanta, and Dallas.
As a member of the Berkshire Hathaway insurance group, BHHC has earned an enviable record of success in the insurance industry that is supported by an A++ A.M. Best rating, the highest rating they award insurance carriers. Our corporate size enables our organization to react swiftly and effectively to opportunities in the insurance marketplace. At the same time, our financial strength provides our agents and insureds the security rarely available in a regional specialty carrier.
We value each individual and recognize that attracting and retaining high quality talent is essential to the success of our company. Our structure minimizes bureaucracy and creates an environment that encourages our employees to see the direct effects of their hard work throughout the company. Each division provides hands on training and maintains a small company feel, creating an atmosphere in which 'team players' thrive.
BHHC - 30+ days ago