Presales Solutions Architect - Networking
Softchoice’s mission is simple: to help organizations use technology to become more productive, more competitive and ultimately, more successful. We want to clarify the complexities of technology and provide the resources to push the boundaries of what IT can do for the more than 14,000 businesses we serve across North America. But if you were to ask our partners and customers, they’d tell you
what truly makes us different is our people!
Our employees have and continue to be the driving force behind everything we do. Our people innovate; they create new offerings and services and they continue to drive new levels of efficiency in our business. Overall, these exceptional people are living our values, working together to find ways to make a difference to our clients each and every day!
Then read on…
- This is a Pre-sales position that will design and architect technology solutions centered on Data Center and Unified Communications solutions and Softchoice’s delivery capabilities.
- Responsible for driving Data Center and Unified Communications technologies by supporting Field Sales teams in defining, positioning, solutioning and designing technology solutions.
- Will participate in customer facing meetings to align strategies and determine business and technical requirements that will be used in developing solutions or solution alternatives that map within Softchoice’s capabilities.
- Responsible for designing and delivering technical design solutions that provide the approach and
entire Hardware/Software solution being proposed.
- Extensive experience with Routing and Switching platforms (including Cisco ISR G2 2900 and 3900 series routers, Cisco 3560-X and 3750-X)
- Extensive experience with Data Center platforms (including Cisco Nexus 1000V, 2K, 5K and 7K, and Cisco Fabric Extenders)
- Extensive experience with Cisco Unified Communications technologies, including Unified Communications Manager 7.x, 8.x, and 9.x, Unity 7.x and 8.x, Unity Connection 7.x, 8.x, and 9.x, MeetingPlace 8.x, Unified Contact Center Express 7.x, 8.x, and 9.x, Cisco Unified Presence 7.x, 8.x, and 9.x, and Cisco Jabber
- Virtualization experience in the context of Unified Communications applications on Cisco UCS hardware
- Experience architecting HA and DR solutions using Networking, Data Center, and Unified Communications technologies
- This position will be responsible for developing and designing technology solutions for:
- Cisco Unified Fabric solutions
- Cisco Unified Communications solutions
- Cisco Routing and Switching solutions
Minimum Certification Required
- Pre-Sales experience is required
- 5 - 10 years related experience is required
- Solid understanding of MS – Excel, Visio, Word, and PowerPoint for creating Customer deliverables.
- Cisco specific specialist certifications (i.e. Cisco Rich Media Communications Specialist, Cisco Data Center Unified Fabric Design Specialist, etc.)
- Knowledge of software and/or hardware, testing and implementation
- Excellent communication skills and the proven ability to interact with senior-level technical and business decision-makers as a strategic advisor
- Ability to work as a solid member and leader of a team
- Must be a self-starter and have ability to manage expectations with a sales team and with customers
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- A positive attitude and desire to build a business within a business
- Ability to travel up to 40%
- BS/BA (EE/CS) or equivalent experience
Additional Experience and Certifications a Plus:
- CCNA (R&S or Voice)
- CCNP (R&S, Voice, or Data Center)
We would like to thank you personally for applying to Softchoice.
- Experience working with Microsoft Lync
- CCIE (R&S, Voice, Data Center, Wireless, or Security)
- Cisco Commerce Workspace
- Cisco wireless technologies
Please note that we will review your application and only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted directly. However, we will retain your application on file and would be pleased to contact you if further opportunities arise.
*Note: Completion of a satisfactory criminal record check, education verification and reference checks are required prior to employment.
Softchoice’s mission is simple: to help organizations use technology to become more productive, more competitive and ultimately, more...